How much to post CDs?

saarzi
Community Member

Hi guys,

How much is it to post a CD in one of those Auspost issue cardboard CD mailers these days?

Thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

How much to post CDs?

still goes by weight - you need to tell us the weight of your packed item

or if you haven't bought the mailer yet, how much does the cd weigh?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

How much to post CDs?

ooohhhh ok.. its 249 grams

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

How much to post CDs?

with  packing or without packing?

Say you bought a rigid CD mailer $1.50 from Australia Post they weigh 35gm

so your item would be 255g = so $5 to post plus $1.50 for mailer.

Or if it is 249g including the mailer and you have already paid for the mailer;   it would be $3.00 postage.

125g small 240 x 130 x  5MM

125g large 360 x 260 x 20mm

250g

500g

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

How much to post CDs?

That was including the mailer.

Thank you! 😄

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

How much to post CDs?

Make sure your scales are really accurate because two more grams and it'd cost another $2 for postage.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

How much to post CDs?

Forget those ripoff mailers. Wrap the CD in not too thick bubble wrap snugly, wrap in brown paper and place label on it, put $2 of stamps on it and place in red post box.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

How much to post CDs?

That's one seriously heavy CD, James Hetfield would be proud!

By comparison, my heaviest PlayStation 2 game for sale weighs 230g including the bubble mailer. This game is in a metal case (steelbook) and still has the instruction manual. Most audio CDs weigh around 90g, or 100-110g when wrapped.

For CDs and DVDs (and games which use DVD cases) I buy bubble mailers from eb-packaging, as the 160x230mm size makes them perfect. If Australia Post offered that size instead of 151x229 (the 151mm width kills it as DVDs don't quite fit in there) I might have used their ones, but then again, they charge ridiculous prices for packaging anyway (I'm sure I'm paying for the license to use that AP logo on the mailers, and about 20c for the mailer itself).
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

How much to post CDs?

@saarzi wrote:

Hi guys,

How much is it to post a CD in one of those Auspost issue cardboard CD mailers these days?

Thanks 🙂

Why don't you go to the prepaid C5 envelopes and provide your own internal liner?

AP backed down on their policy of accepting only printed matter in these (and letters in general).

Cost would be $2.33 each if purchased in a pack of 10 (cheaper again for 5 packs+).

Any weight up to 500g is permissible and up to 20mm thick is also allowable.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply