How to address an overseas parcel?

rhysy87
Community Member

Just sold a couple of dvd's to send overseas, the US and France,I have my own padded bags and was wondering how they should be written out and what is the cheapest way to send them? cheers Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Address them as it appears in the PayPal message you received when they paid.

John Smith

1486 Something Street

SOMEWHERE in the US 12345

Whatever state

USA

Same goes for the one from France.

If sending overseas is a regular thing, ask the PO for some of the green customs declaration forms to take home. Then you can save time by filling them out at home.....but don't stick them on until you get to the PO. Ask for some Air Mail stickers as well.

Make sure whatever you post in is big enough to accommodate all the labels that have to be stuck on. I think there's 5 all up, including the price sticker.

Standard airmail is the cheapest option, but provides no tracking and no signature on delivery. You can check the prices in the Aust Post postage calculator. If you are sending in a padded bag, select the letter option. To send with tracking, it's the same price in a padded bag as it is as a parcel.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Some countries have some different addressing formats.

After your buyer has paid copy the address exactly how it appears on the eBay order form/paypal payment advice.

Do not reorder or change the address in anyway to make it "more like" an Australian address.

The US address format is similar to Au. France address format is usually to have post code before city, and in some regional areas there may be additional location names and/or no street number. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply