Deleting variations? When zero quantity (out of stock)

Hi there...

Could someone please be kind enough to point me towards the direction on learning how to delete out of stock variations?

It reads like it does it for you, as you progress through the variation listing, saying that zero quantity ones will be deleted...
I have figured out, to ADD through inventory, and then in the listing, I can pull the new ones up from the inventory... but I can't reverse this to remove any!

It's not the end of the world, but it will be quite a nuisance for my buyers, as new stock comes in often, and to show ages old out of stocks is annoying...

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I just edit the listing and delete the items no longer available.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

I just edit the listing and delete the items no longer available.

How? Smiley Surprised

I would love to know as, I have some older listings with variations that have sold out and I don't plan on restocking, so I don't really want out of stock options displayed on the listing (I feel it gives the impression they'll be restocked, so people could wait for them to come in), but once the variation has had a sale, no matter what I try I can't remove it from the listing, the variation name becomes greyed out (so not even editable), and on the page where you can remove variations, the option to do so is only on variations that have never sold. If there's a way to delete sold, out of stock variations, I'd be happy. ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Edited to scrap everything I typed as I didn't read DG's post correctly, well it is 3.15 AM here and I haven't had any sleep yet Smiley Frustrated

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I saw nothing Smiley Very Happy

If it's not possible, I'll add it to the list of ways eBay au can be improved, as it's something that's been bugging me for a while. . 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

haha... glad to know, as a relative newbie to selling, I am not going completely mad and missing something in the Help files!

What annoys me more, is I go to revise, and get to the "enter price and quantity" for each variation (mind you, after having the greyed out only options to NOT be able to delete on the previous page), and it says down the bottom... and I quote

"Note: Variations with zero quantity will be removed from listing"

Well, eBay, DO IT THEN! Delete my ZERO quantity variation, PLEASE!!!  Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply