How to deal with ignorant buyer?

p_ssg
Community Member

Had a customer who bought a branch of silk flowers from me and then she left a negative feedback saying that it is rubber and plastic....

Hey mate, silk flower does not mean they are made from silk as golden age does not mean it is built by gold. 

Also the material used for the silk flowers is called PU not what she thought as plastic or rubber. 

What can we do when sellers meet ignorant buyers? I offered full refund and would like to solve the problem but she refused.

Then I phoned ebay to see what we can do. Ebay said it is a normal opionion and they can do nothing. I said if my description is not accurate, the buyer can report me. What happened if the buyers' feedback is not accurate? Ebay replied me saying that this is only an opinion~~which means it does not need to be accurate T_T

Can anyone give me some suggestion what to do?

Thanks!!

Have a nice DAY!

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Request buyer contact details, give them a call and f word them.

You will be amazed how many of them will ask "how did you get my number?" "Leave me alone or I will call police"

Keep ringing until they stop being arrogant.
Not everyone has their correct number registered on ebay. Some seasoned scammer I met deliberately left out a digit...
Message 2 of 51
Latest reply

I don't know what I would do about the feedback, but if it was me I would not use the term "silk flowers"   - perhaps just "artificial flowers"?  

and in the listing be more specific about what they are made of.

As a buyer I would have expected the flower to be made out of  some cloth, if not actually silk, so I am probably "ignorant" too.

Also:   when I look up "silk flowers"

Silk flowers are crafted from a protein fiber spun by the silk worm, producing lifelike flowers.

Flowers described as being made of silk with a "real touch technique" are not made of silk, but rather are made of polyester, polymers and plastics.   Moreover, textile items made of polyester but marketed as "silk" violate the US federal law - specifically the 1959 TEXTILE FIBER PRODUCTS IDENTIFICATION AC

Message 3 of 51
Latest reply

Hmm I guess I would be one of those ignorant buyers. I would have thought if they weren't silk flowers you would just call them artificial flowers or PU flowers as you call them.
Message 4 of 51
Latest reply

Hi, i'd be taking the 'Silk ' out of the title if there not silk.Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 51
Latest reply

IMO, I hope you didn't start the conversation with "Mate".   To be honest with you, I think that if you list items that saying Silk Flowers, one would think that they are made from Silk. ( Not Plastic, Rubber, PU, Wool, Paper etc) . If I were purchasing Silk Flowers, I would expect them to be made from Silk, otherwise I would buy Plastic Flowers.  It may be better to advertise them as Artificial Plants / Flowers and then let the Buyer decide. They can then ask you what they are made from and you can say Silk, Plastic, Rubber, Bird Droppings, etc. 🙂 

Message 6 of 51
Latest reply

p_ssg
Community Member

Did phone her and then switched to voice box. I have seen that she has a habit to give negative feedback and probably got quite a lot of phone calls like that.

Message 7 of 51
Latest reply

Bad luck then, straight to your bbl list and don't forget to share it on the web.
Message 8 of 51
Latest reply

So in your opion, silk flower is made from silk even after you google it? 

I probably put some explanation in the content, saying that silk flower does not mean made from silk?

Message 9 of 51
Latest reply

I think I need to put some description to mention they are not made from silk

Message 10 of 51
Latest reply