How to get someone to leave feedback, so I then get paid.

Hello everyone. 

How is the best way to get someone to leave me feedback. I am an honest ebayer and have been ebaying for over 19 years. My last item that I listed, I have been informed by ebay, that they will not release the hold of my payment until, the buyer has received my item and also left positive feedback. I have asked the buyer on numerous occassions from the day that I posted it, including even again today, to get him to leave feedback, and he wont. I have asked ebay, to intervene and request him to leave feedback, and they wont. So, not only now, I am out of pocket for the item, but also for the postage, insurance, and packaging. This is immensely unfair. I have spent over 2 hours with ebay trying to resolve with no help. I will never sell using ebay again. There no longer is seller protection. 

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Were you on Managed Payments for the most recent items you sold before this one?

Were the last most recent things you got feedback for  almost a year side of  'past six months' or more a couple of months?

(having been a member for 19 years does not come into it where eBay policy is concerned )

Otherwise , have you checked that IS the issue, rather than there being an issue with something not being quite right with Managed Payments / being 'considered a new seller' 

The eBay CS will just tell you whatever the closest script they bring up tell them to say

Can you get a supervisor ?

I very much doubt the buyer is going to leave feedback if they have not done so, feedback is voluntary as you know

BUT, if you keep pushing /hounding the buyer to leave it, they may decide to turn around and give you a neg, if they are that way inclined

eBay certainly are not going to make them leave a green dot

No point me suggesting anything else, since you say you are no longer using ebay

(ie pointless for me to say sell a few super cheap things to get feedback for those instead to speed up the release of your funds)

Message 2 of 56
Latest reply

It was a bit soon asking for feedback from the day you posted the item - perhaps I too would be a tad miffed.

The fact that no INR has been opened - it probably is safe to assume the buyer has received.

There is no case - nor is there negative feedback - so far - eBay will probably wait out the 30 days - depending on how long since you last sold.

Try to list items that require Tracking - there you will have the proof - delivery etc.

Message 3 of 56
Latest reply

P.S. Do you know if they have even received the item yet?

Are they on the mainland?

Only ended a week ago so even if you posted it on the spot, it's highly possible given the massive mail delays they do not even have it yet

Does tracking show it has arrived with them?

Message 4 of 56
Latest reply

I am registered with ebay managed payments system. I have sold 6 things with ebay in the past 5 months or so. With those, ebay released the funds after the seller received the item. This time round they say they wont UNTIL POSITIVE FEEDBACK  is left. I have spoken to numerous people at ebay on the phone. I have spent a very long time on their message chat system. I keep getting the same answer. And by the way, I only said that I will never sell on ebay. I never said that I will no longer be using ebay. I think ebay are trying to scam sellers that are not regular sellers. If they can bluff someone to keep the money, then they win. I honestly do believe that the buyer probably will not leave feedback, otherwise he would have. And I am frightened that if I keep hounding him, then he will leave me negative feedback for hounding him. I am stuck which ever way I go. 

Message 5 of 56
Latest reply

Please don't hound him - probably best to not contact at all.

If no - INR - INAD - or similar is opened - eBay will have no choice but to release funds - after the prescribed time.

Message 6 of 56
Latest reply

The day that I posted the item, I sent the buyer a message, to kindly ask him to leave me positive feedback on its arrival. I never asked him to leave positive feedback then. And I did send the item with tracking and insurance and signature on arrival as I always have done in my 19 years of ebay. And I do have proof that he received the item. 

Message 7 of 56
Latest reply

As was asked earlier, does the tracking even show that it's been delivered yet ?

If it has then you should get onto eBay again and ask to speak to a supervisor, then if you show them the tracking they might release your funds.

Edit. Our messages crossed each other, but try a supervisor in a day or so.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 56
Latest reply

Yes it was sent with tracking, plus insurance, plus signature on arrival. And he admits that he received the item, but wont leave me feedback. 

Message 9 of 56
Latest reply

Getting your funds is not dependent on receiving positive feedback. Only about 10% of my buyers ever leave it, so it is not a factor. 

Stop hassling the buyer - feedback is voluntary.

Stop believing in what CS are telling you.

If you are on the new Seller Hub landing page - it tells you exactly when you will get your funds under the Payments tab.

I have a second account which I only started using again recently and all the orders that I've had there have not received any feedback, but I can see exactly when my funds will be released. It is usually after about 3-4 weeks.

Why are you out of pocket? Your funds are simply on hold as you are an intermittent seller. If you are not on the new Managed Payments system you will not get paid until you are verified, and this means supplying a drivers licence or passport and bank account details.

Please go back and read the seller guidelines as well as find out everything you need to know about the new system. 

Message 10 of 56
Latest reply