How to handle order not delivered - Stamped AusPost

Over summer months I ship out up 30 parcels per week (on average). These are sent in the 160x230 padded bags with a couple of stamps on there, $2.20 postage paid by the buyer. Order amounts start at $22 and can go up to $100 or more.

Sometimes the parcels don't arrive. 

My options are to reship or refund. 

How is this fair on me? Either way I am severely out of pocket.

What would you do?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: How to handle order not delivered - Stamped AusPost

@devi - you are not correct. Your funds will only be put on hold if you offer a tracked service, but do not upload a tracking number. If you offer an untracked service, it is not an issue. A seller can send 100% of their items untracked with no penalty as long as they offer untracked as their postage policy.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

If you are selling items for $20 plus, you need to look at your margins, if tracking is unprofitable.

How many INRs do you get? How much are they worth? How much extra would a prepaid large letter cost over the padded mailer? Especially if bought in bulk. AP only give a max of 5% on their prepaid tracked letters, but that might be enough to tip the balance in prepaid's favour. And you can always use newspaper as packaging if using the paper C5 prepaids.

I don't know - only you know your particular circumstances.

I don't send anything worth over $14 untracked. I sell books. Book buyers seem to be extremely honest. I think I've had 5 INRs for items sent untracked, out of about 3,000. Nevertheless, I reduce my profit for over $14 items to ensure MY peace of mind.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Wow, thank you so much everyone for your replies and suggestions!

For now, I will just increase the shipping cost a little to make up for the approx 1 x INR per month.

Thanks again!!!

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Do you write or print your address label. I found printing has caused a lot less issues over the years. Same as buyer address errors which I occasionally have had to fix.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Printing for sure.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply