How to have a second seller account

I've given up on any free listing offers and I've heard members mention that they have multiple accounts.

I'm only selling personal stuff but would like more than 40 per month. (Yes, I am very aware what this says about my wardrobe.)

Could anybody who does this please enlighten me as to how it works? Is it "allowed?"

Do you have to have a different email address? Only I just tried to set up a new account and eBay kept kindly pointing out my email address was already registered.

Apologies for my ignorance and hope you can help! Thank you.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How to have a second seller account

@*bellee* wrote:
How do you link accounts Lyndal? Didn't know you could do that!

If you want to link your accounts for the purpose of increasing your selling limit, scroll part way down your My Selling page and there will be a link to increase your limit. After you click on that it will ask you if you have another account and will ask you to enter the username of that account. Once you've done that, it will increase your limit to 30. 30 may not sound much, but when you only get 40 free listings a month, it's OK.

You can only request an increase once on each account by doing it this way. Any further requests have to be done by calling eBay, or just let them increase it after awhile. My low feedback account has just been lifted to 50 a month, which eBay did randomly. If you do the above for each new account, you'll get an immediate limit increase to 30. It goes without saying that you link them to your biggest account with the highest standing. It won't work if you link a new one to a new one.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: How to have a second seller account

Thanks. Will take note of that. With the current rate of poor sales, I don't think I will bother right now.
Message 12 of 12
Latest reply