How to have a second seller account

I've given up on any free listing offers and I've heard members mention that they have multiple accounts.

I'm only selling personal stuff but would like more than 40 per month. (Yes, I am very aware what this says about my wardrobe.)

Could anybody who does this please enlighten me as to how it works? Is it "allowed?"

Do you have to have a different email address? Only I just tried to set up a new account and eBay kept kindly pointing out my email address was already registered.

Apologies for my ignorance and hope you can help! Thank you.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can have as many accounts as you like BUT each one must have it's own email address.

You can attach the same paypal address though for 3 or 4 accounts for payments from buyers.

Some one can give the right amount there.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You can have as many accounts as you like BUT each one must have it's own email address.

You can attach the same paypal address though for 3 or 4 accounts for payments from buyers.

Some one can give the right amount there.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks so much for your fast response!

much appreciated and happy Christmas.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

goldeagle1970
Community Member

Yes you have to have a different email address for each new ID.  but you can still use your  same paypal address.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

No probs.

You can have many eBay accounts as long as each one has a seperate email address.

But a new one will have selling limits of usually 10 listings until proven a trustworthy account.

You can link up to 8 eBay accounts on the one PayPal account.

image host
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Great information, thank you.

i wasn't aware of only having 10 listings until deemed trustworthy. Ah, eBay does look after sellers.....not so much ! Mind you, I accept there must be rogue fly by night sellers, otherwise they wouldn't have such rules.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

You can increase your listings very quickly by linking the new account to your already established one.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

How do you link accounts Lyndal? Didn't know you could do that!
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I have no idea I'm afraid.....I only have my 2 IDs linked to my paypal account.   I am not a seller so have never had the need to link the accounts together.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Once you have multiple accounts you call eBay to verify that an established account is also the same account holder as the new accounts and that can lift limits.

image host
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply