How to leave negative feedback for a buyer ?

samanthaj2402
Community Member

I have had an item not paid for and received a final value credit but it is extremely annoying I can not leave negative feedback for the non payer, when I read through her 'positive' feedback there were many sellers in a similar situation who had not been paid and could only leave their negative comment under a positive label. The feedback system loses its value as a tool if we as sellers can not leave the approprite feedback to protect ourselves and other sellers from unscrupulous buyers.

How do other sellers deal with this ? typically you let it slide but this seller is a serial non payer and there should be consequences.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

I have been quite annoyed by this too, the only thing we can do now is the unpaid item dispute. And hope other sellers have their settings to block buyers that have to many unpaid item strikes.
Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Negtive Feedback solves Nothing!

By issueing  Strike Does!!

Strikes are far easier to block in sellers requirments as there is a clear cut that the Potienl buy is truly bad.  Begtive feedback in so many casses are undesvered & so often issued on sher personailty differnces.

Postive Negtives are agaisnt ebay policy & do nothing in preventing other sellers gettiong caught where as strikes do put a holt on bids.

D'oh
Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

What garfield said.

I don't have the opportunity to vet buyers before a sale as almost all my listings are BIN, so negative feedback (or negative positives) are of no use to me. Even with auctions, most bids are placed in the last few seconds so, once again, no chance to vet bidders.

Leaving the NPB a strike does benefit me. Like all prudent sellers I have my blocks set for bidders with 2 or more strikes. They can't buy from me, I don't need to check their feedback.

If all sellers did this, then the serial offenders wouldn't be able to buy at all, and there would be no problem.

If you successfully closed a NPB case, you shouldn't be able to leave ANY feedback, as no transaction occurred.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

If generic NPB buyer feedback was linked to the successful closure of NPB disputes then this thread would not exist.

The OP would not have had their bad experience, the numpty non paying bidder would not be able to buy, the previous negative positive ffedbacks would have been strikes rather than words on paper

.......... THAT LEAVE A HUGE BREADCRUMB TRAIL AND HIGHLIGHTED A SERIAL  NPB TO ALL THAT READ THIS THREAD.................................. (IS THAT NOTHING////////)

and ebay would not have profited from all those extra relist fees :|...... or the profit gleaned from all those external ads that surround sellers items......... 

a system designed to fail will generally do exactly that....

I wonder if ebay consider it a failure if they still profit from it ?:|???.......

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

I've just had a non-paying buyer, and just now closed the case and was told I'd receive a final fee value credit. How do I go about making sure the buyer has a non-paying strike issued against them? Is it done automatically, or do you actually have to do something for it to happen? I looked for an option to do it but it looks like my only option is to leave 'positive' feedback, which of course I don't want to do.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
Study hard. Be evil.
Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

Yes, the strike is automatic when you close the NPB dispute without payment you also receive your FVF refund.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

The strike is issued automatically when you close the case without payment - it should say something along the lines of the non-payment being recorded on the buyer's account, which is the strike. (If you close a case before a full 4 days have passed, I don't think the FVF is credited nor a strike issued, so it sounds like the strike would have been issued as normal).

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

Samantha, as said, strikes are far more effective. If everyone sets blocks, buyers with strikes can't bid or buy anything on ebay.

To set your blocks - Hover over account tab, select site preferences and scroll down to buyer requirements.

To the right, select show and edit. Then select all the blocks you want and you can also add anyone to your Blocked Bidders List. ๐Ÿ˜‰

image host
Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

Since we're talking about strikes, I'm curious to know is there a way to find out how many a buyer has??

It would be great if ebay would allow the number of strikes to appear along side with the buyer's feedback, won't that be great!

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply