How to open a Unpaid Item dispute after going through checkout?

Hi, Can anybody help please, I have two buyers that have gone through checkout but have not paid.

How do I go about opening a unpaid item dispute, there is no option on the drop down menu for this after they go through checkout.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

How long have you waited? As you offer bank deposit and moneyorder payment could be on the way to you, if a moneyorder then it could take a while. Have you contacted them and asked how they have paid? I have never tried to open a dispute after somebody has gone through checkout but if nobody else comes along with a solution give ebay a call.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I've not seen this situation so unable to offer any advice.

Just wondering how they can complete checkout but still not have actually paid?

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

They said they have paid by bank deposit, but nothing has come through yet. Thats the trouble with checkout apparently, the buyers go through because thats how the bank details come up for bank payment.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Even going through checkout to get the bank details, doesn't mean they are actually going to pay unfortunately.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Unless there is a new glitch, my experience has been that you can open an unpaid item dispute after 4 days as per any unpaid transaction.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Thats correct unless they go through checkout, then the option on the drop down menu vanishes.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I had this happen recently (item through checkout but not paid) and was still able to open a case as normal, after 4+ days.

Hopefully it's a glitch?? It's not marked as paid even though it's bank deposit is it?

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

How long since they went through checkout?

Bank deposits can take several days to show in a seller's account.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

It pays to be a bit patient with bank deposits.

I waited a week for one to come through and then messaged the buyer that it had not appeared in my account.

They checked and had put a wrong number in, so payment was canceled. They tried again and it come through a few days later.

I received glowing Feedback.....

They may have not originally paid of course, but I gave them the opportunity to "come good" and all turned out well. 

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply