How to prevent buyer from paying for items individually on a combined invoice

I sent a buyer a combined invoice for 4 items but they paid for each item individually. Can I prevent this from happening?

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

just stick up for the rights of posters here.  please stick to the post thanks  have a nice day pal

Message 11 of 46
Latest reply

Answering your question about there only bein 3 instead of 4 is not part of the topic. Please stick to the actual topic.

Message 12 of 46
Latest reply

for a start  madam i was answering dg as he or she stated that it would be better if all items were in the same parcel,

so mind your own business and ask questions related to you,  madam 

Message 13 of 46
Latest reply

Hi yansban,

I think it's when you pay on your mobile ?  I have had a couple of buyers who ask that  I wait for payment until they get to their computer.  Otherwise, they have to pay for each item separately.   ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 14 of 46
Latest reply

Joe.... wut?

There's so much wrong with what you're saying, I don't even know where to begin. >_>

I'll try and keep this nice and simple. Your reply was to the OP, but it began with saying you don't even see the problem. That doesn't answer or address the question in the OP at all, does it? So don't even try to dictate to me what I can respond to, or how, when you don't even stick the the points you ask others to, that just makes you a hypocrite and seriously undermines everything you say (i.e. I am having a great deal of difficulty taking you seriously right now). 

I replied to you, specifically, to point out some of the problems separate payments can cause, because you said you couldn't see them. If you don't want people to point out and/or explain things you don't understand, perhaps you might want to consider not posting all the things you don't see and/or understand. (This is just a suggestion, I don't care either way, but be warned that every time someone posts about something, and your response suggests you don't understand it, you should prepare yourself for replies that attempt to explain things directly to you, usually from perspectives you indicate you haven't even considered). 

The OP doesn't even mention how the items were purchased, whether a lower offer was accepted etc. What I said is called an example of a possible scenario in which unexpected separate payments could cause issues for the OP. One your post indicated you hadn't considered, so again, I was trying to get you to see things from the OP's perspective. Rains or shines? What are you talking about? 

I didn't answer your question about 3 items in a parcel because it doesn't even make sense. What happens next on tracking...? I mean seriously, what the? Smiley Frustrated Tracking (for the most part) doesn't indicate contents let alone quantity, so if you do want an answer. Nothing. Nothing happens next on tracking. My post, by the way, said buyers usually want one package, for various reasons. That's a consideration for the buyer, not the seller, but it's not like an issue can't be resolved very easily if a package is supposed to contain 4 items and there's only 3. Even if the seller won't help, other options for this specific scenario are provided to help buyers.

Lastly...

"dg as he or she stated that it would be better if all items were in the same parcel"

Ummm, no I didn't. Stop making things up to try and suit your argument. It's all here in black and white so it doesn't even have a chance of working. I'll repeat, for your convenience, I said "buyers usually want one package". 

Ok? Ok.

Message 15 of 46
Latest reply

i cant help it ,if you do not understand the op , please stick to responding to the op ,and not me. 

i started asking the op a question not you for a start , but what else can i expect .

have a nice day   ,

Message 16 of 46
Latest reply

Most of my items have a separate postage cost, so if a buyer purchases more than one item, they can save themselves a considerable amount on postage if they wait for a combined invoice. e.g. if their items can be posted together in one 500g satchel instead of two or more separate ones. I know this reduces seller protection, but it is a chance I am prepared to take. And most buyers appreciate the savings in cost.

However, to encourage buyers to wait for a comnbined invoice, I have now started including the following in my descriptions: "If purchasing more than one item, please wait for an invoice with combined postage before paying " Not sure if it is going to work however. And it assumes they actually read the description.

But if they don't wait, and have paid for more than one lot of postage, when all their purchases can be sent for a much cheaper cost than the individual invoices, I refund the difference less the 30 cents for each separate PP payment, and also deduct a small amount from the refund to cover part of FVF, as I don't expect to get reimbursed by ebay,.

Message 17 of 46
Latest reply

you are a perfect seller,  the trouble is not enough like you around,

also in this case the seller sells her items with free postage. 

thank you for your post , vert truthful person

Message 18 of 46
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

i cant help it ,if you do not understand the op , please stick to responding to the op ,and not me. 

i started asking the op a question not you for a start , but what else can i expect .

have a nice day   ,

I presume this is an attempt at insulting me (suggesting I don't understand the OP). Not a good one and won't work.

I'll respond to whoever I want to. Unless the mods stop me from posting here all together. Don't like my posts? Don't read and/or respond to them.

What you can expect, on a public discussion board, is that people will discuss what is said, including the things you say. Get used to it and stop trying to prevent it, you'll never be able to. 

Message 19 of 46
Latest reply

please i dont want to say it again please keep to the ops post thanks  dont address to me. thanks  goading me wont work i am a stumond person , hows that for spelling.

Message 20 of 46
Latest reply