How to prevent buyer from paying for items individually on a combined invoice

I sent a buyer a combined invoice for 4 items but they paid for each item individually. Can I prevent this from happening?

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

@joethenuts wrote:

please stick to the post  thanks lyndal , everybody has an opinion ,it does not have to be the same as yours or anybody else. now dg posted that i was wrong ,whats that called.

Truth.

The Op asked:

I sent a buyer a combined invoice for 4 items but they paid for each item individually. Can I prevent this from happening?

Your answer was: and if you want to answere the ops question  its a simple  [no]  not if ebay does this or does that. 

Which doesn't answer the question as there are variables that you "obviously" have no idea about and there are possible 

ways around it,(which is what the Op was asking about).

These problems happen when members use the phone App and it's a problem that eBay know about but they choose to do 

nothing about as paying separately gives Paypal more money,(and possibly eBay as well in other cases where the sellers 

discounts postage for multiple items).

So as you can see you supplied wrong information so that's being wrong.

The whole crux of your posts seem to be about sticking up for eBay,(whether the info is correct or not).

eBay seems to work for you,(which is fine).

But the eBay site creates lots of problems for sellers and they need constructive advice to help them negotiate this site,(your

posts do not offer constructive advice and prevents the boards from running correctly).

So please think before you answer in more negative posts and allow the posters that do post to the boards with contructive 

advice to give that advice without you sniping at them.

Message 31 of 46
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

yes boss   could you tell me which post     .

All of them on that thread.     Don't you even understand the mods?

Message 32 of 46
Latest reply

you cant name 1 post on that thread ,please stick to the ops thread which you have not once ,, 

the truth hurts , you must have a fetish with me , would you like my photo , i will even sign it for you, 

Message 33 of 46
Latest reply

Another day, yet another hijacked thread. For goodness sakes Joe do you have to hijack every thread and make it all about you? No wonder the OP hasn't been back to comment. Sheesh. Enough already. The ones who responded know what they are talking about, you obviously don't,  so quit trying to confuse people with wrong advice and turning every thread into yours. There,  I said it. 

Message 34 of 46
Latest reply

you missed 1 point  [ebay works for eveyone ,as posters  still buy and sell and even the id posters, thats if you can believe they have buying and selling ids ]  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

its like the person who complains about that butcher shop ,but still shops there. 

in a multi billion $ business you cant please eveyone [simple as that]  even in a small business.

Message 35 of 46
Latest reply

It's a pointless execise Stalks, you're banging you head against that proverbial brick wall........original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 36 of 46
Latest reply

the truth advice does not please a certain group thats fine , i posted early  now if you and others dont want to answere the op but me instead who is hijacking what when you have been on ebay a bit longer than a couple of months when you have sold or brought something on ebay ,then more posters  would listen to you. you give advice fair enough.

but if i wanted to know about a pluming problem i would ask a plumber , if i wanted some advice on ebay  should i ask a plumber or ebay or an experience poster.   but i can handle it 

Message 37 of 46
Latest reply

correct padi.  very good advice

Message 38 of 46
Latest reply

@egglesdtp wrote:

Most of my items have a separate postage cost, so if a buyer purchases more than one item, they can save themselves a considerable amount on postage if they wait for a combined invoice. e.g. if their items can be posted together in one 500g satchel instead of two or more separate ones. I know this reduces seller protection, but it is a chance I am prepared to take. And most buyers appreciate the savings in cost.

However, to encourage buyers to wait for a comnbined invoice, I have now started including the following in my descriptions: "If purchasing more than one item, please wait for an invoice with combined postage before paying " Not sure if it is going to work however. And it assumes they actually read the description.

But if they don't wait, and have paid for more than one lot of postage, when all their purchases can be sent for a much cheaper cost than the individual invoices, I refund the difference less the 30 cents for each separate PP payment, and also deduct a small amount from the refund to cover part of FVF, as I don't expect to get reimbursed by ebay,.

I have a similar statement in my listings that tell people to wait before paying. I still get people paying after every auction finishes, even though they still have bids on other auctions. Normally I will send them a message and tell them not to pay for any more until they have finished and I will send a combined invoice and adjust the postage cost accordingly.

Last week I had someone pay for 3 separately, with 3 lots of postage. They stopped paying after I sent them a message and they bought another 7 things. Even with all the other things they bought they still paid far too much so I sent them a refund of the difference, minus the fees and sent everything together. Their feedback gave me no indication that they had made any claims so I was prepared to risk it.

As it turned out, I posted it express for them because the combined weight came in at just over 800g and I had planned to post in a 3kg satchel. The PO told me that they had a special on Express up to 1kg for September, so I threw an address on the box and they stuck the yellow tape on it. It was cheaper to post express than what it was to post in a 3kg satchel. The difference was only about $1, so I didn't refund that difference. Neither of us are in the express network but it still arrived in 2 business days which was good.

I would rather refund excess postage and post togther than send separately and risk copping a heap of negs. As they are all individual transactions, each defect would count and the amount that buyer bought would have totally wiped me out.

Like you, my buyers do appreciate the greatly reduced postage cost, especially when they buy half a dozen things and only have to pay $8 instead of nearly $50, if it comes in under 500g.

Message 39 of 46
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

the truth advice does not please a certain group thats fine , i posted early  now if you and others dont want to answere the op but me instead who is hijacking what when you have been on ebay a bit longer than a couple of months when you have sold or brought something on ebay ,then more posters  would listen to you. you give advice fair enough.

but if i wanted to know about a pluming problem i would ask a plumber , if i wanted some advice on ebay  should i ask a plumber or ebay or an experience poster.   but i can handle it 

Here we go again. It seems you have a memory like a sieve regarding posting ID's. bash head.gif FYI, I have been buying and selling since 2008, which is a few years longer than you, so please don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. The reason people use posting ID's is to stop people like you invading their accounts.

Message 40 of 46
Latest reply