How to set different markdowns/discounts for different variations of 1 listing?

Hi there,

I am trying to set different discounts / markdowns on different variation of one listing.

I have seen some other merchants doing the same: (The image is from the same listing with different variations, price & markdowns)

Markdown on variation of one listing (1).pngMarkdown on variation of one listing (2).png

Can anyone kindly explain step by step to achieve this?

I can't seem to find any solution for this.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

From the look of that they are applying a percentage, not dollar, discount. Both are 53%.

That's probably the only way you can do it.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Each variation of a listing can have a SKU, if you assign a different one to each variation, you can try running a discount based on the SKUs (eg 10% off for all SKUs you upload, 20% off for a different set of SKUs).

No idea if it will work, in fact I expect it won't, but it's the only method that has a chance of differentiating between variations in the same listing.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply!

That was not the ideal screenshot I was going for actually.

The below are some examples of the same products with different variations & discounts. Any way to put different discounts on each?

Markdown on variation of one listing (3).pngMarkdown on variation of one listing (4).png

Thank you!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Hi digital*ghost,

Thank you for your reply!

I have tried putting SKU and/or Item ID of each variation and set different discounts but it said the product is not found.

Any other way to solve this?

Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Unfortunately I don't know what could be the issue or how to fix - I've explored the promotions options a fair bit, but I have one of those stores where some of them won't work no matter what I do, which makes testing / troubleshooting issues almost impossible (eBay have stated in the past that there are some stores where some of the promotion options just aren't functional, I don't really know why, or what makes the difference between a store where it will work and one where it won't, but they tend to be older stores - i.e. my store was opened years before the promotion options were available). 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply