How to stop E-Bay combining postage for multiple purchases of same item.

Hi all,

I have just been caught out with a sale of 2 items. I sell coins in 4.8kg lots and charge a flat rate of $12.50 which covers the cost of a 5kg satchel to anywhere in Oz. I have just had a buyer purchase 2 lots and EBay has decided to combine the postage so I am now out of pocket for $10 and I can only print 1 postage label which is useless for 10kg of coins. How do I change this so postage is charged at a flat rate per item and how can I get out of this current mess? I'm prepared to cop the loss as I have screwed up somewhere in the settings but how do I print 2 separate postage labels?

Ta

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After 30 minutes on chat it turns out that this feature can only be changed using seller hub and not through the old school way of listing and editing an item. That's why I couldn't figure out how to change it. Thanks for the reply.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It looks like you have figured it out as I just added 2 to my cart and it showed $25 postage. It is easy to mess up with the new listing format, especially for multiple quantities. 

I got caught out last week too, I must have originally listed an item with free postage but then edited it. The option had Express Post for an extra $3, but when I edited the listing to reduce price and put paid postage, I must have forgotten to increase the Express post so the buyer got $3 Express postage when the regular postage was $9. Like you I wore it, but it just shows you have to be careful, especially when editing to check all the components. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

After 30 minutes on chat it turns out that this feature can only be changed using seller hub and not through the old school way of listing and editing an item. That's why I couldn't figure out how to change it. Thanks for the reply.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply