I NEED HELP!!!!

So heres what happened.

I had just listed my second item on ebay:

500 BULK LOT OF POKEMON CARDS

which were my brothers (11 YO) that he wanted to sell to make some money.

and a person bids on it and wins for 59.99 + 20.00 shipping

I post the item whilst i still have 100% feedback and forget about it

a few days later I receive a message from the buyer saying that i sold them "bootleg" pokemon cards and they want their money back.

I looked at their feedback and apparently she had sold fakes herself to some other people so i said to her that she is making to big of a deal and that I would refund the full amount and asked her if she could destroy the cards.

The buyer then gets angry at me, leaves negative feedback (dropping it down to 50% possitive rating) and opens a dispute on paypal.

tell me honestly, Would you buy off a seller with a 50% positive rating?

My question to you is how can I fix this (the rating) and would it be worth closing my account and opening another one?

-Joshua

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

I NEED HELP!!!!

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You have so little feedback that I would say just cut your losses and close the account and start again with a fresh slate.

Where would your brother have got the fake cards?  I'd be having words with him....and make him pay any fees you have incurred,Smiley Mad

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

I NEED HELP!!!!

@jjanssen12345 wrote:

So heres what happened.

I had just listed my second item on ebay:

500 BULK LOT OF POKEMON CARDS

which were my brothers (11 YO) that he wanted to sell to make some money.

and a person bids on it and wins for 59.99 + 20.00 shipping

I post the item whilst i still have 100% feedback and forget about it

a few days later I receive a message from the buyer saying that i sold them "bootleg" pokemon cards and they want their money back.

I looked at their feedback and apparently she had sold fakes herself to some other people so i said to her that she is making to big of a deal and that I would refund the full amount and asked her if she could destroy the cards.

The buyer then gets angry at me, leaves negative feedback (dropping it down to 50% possitive rating) and opens a dispute on paypal.

tell me honestly, Would you buy off a seller with a 50% positive rating?

My question to you is how can I fix this (the rating) and would it be worth closing my account and opening another one?

-Joshua

So they were fake.??????????????

Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

I NEED HELP!!!!

I asked him after the dispute and he said that the people at THE $2 SHOP said they were genuine (at $1.50 a pack none the less). I had to pay the $20 shipping (Auspost) that I cant get back

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

I NEED HELP!!!!

After I asked him were he got them he said the $2 shop and that the staff said they were "Genuine"

So yes most of them were fake and I offered the money back

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

I NEED HELP!!!!

@jjanssen12345 wrote:

After I asked him were he got them he said the $2 shop and that the staff said they were "Genuine"

So yes most of them were fake and I offered the money back

Sorry - you want to sell - you are going to have to do a bit better than that.

It's your reputation.

Good grief.

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

I NEED HELP!!!!

I didnt even list the item, My brother went on my computer and listed it on My eBay account

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

I NEED HELP!!!!

Maybe you should have asked him where that many cards came from.....that would have been some outlay for a kid even at $1.50

I think the thing that enfuriated the buyer was you making light of the fact that the cards were fake.  That is a no-no on ebay and you can actually be reported to the authorities for selling fake anything.  She was not making a big deal out of it without good reason.

I suggest you make your brother pay the $20 postage...it might make him a bit more responsible for his actions in future.  By 11 years old he should be capable of reasoning that the cards were probably fake at that price.

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

I NEED HELP!!!!

I dont go on eBay that often (which is why I have only sold 2 items) and he told me after the bid had ended

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

I NEED HELP!!!!

@jjanssen12345 wrote:

I didnt even list the item, My brother went on my computer and listed it on My eBay account

Good heavens, that is even worse.  You are responsible for what happens on your account and allowing a child to use it could see you suspended from ebay.

You need to read the rules if you are going to sell.....the first one is don't let little brothers list fake cards.Smiley Mad

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply