Basic Store Queries

I have a basic store, where you are meant to be able to have 200 free listings a month. I have only been given 40. I sell mainly books 

Anybody else having the same issue? 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Basic Store Queries

The free listings that come with the basic store are only for Buy-It-Now (BIN) listings.

You lose the 40 free auction style listings you had with no store. Unless you sell in the Collectables category.

Our items are all listed as Good-Til-Cancelled (GTC) these come off your basic store 200 allocation each month. These style listings automatically re-list each month. These are useful where you have lots of stock of an item.

If you are using Selling Manage Pro (free to use with a store subscription) then the Promotional Offers Panel on the home page shows you the status of your included listings.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Basic Store Queries

being a newish seller you would most likely have restrictions on the $ amount or number of items you can list? which might also come into play regardless of how many free listings you get with a shop.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Basic Store Queries

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You will be restricted in your listings because your feedback is low.

You have only got a fb of 14 for the last year

You have to prove yourself as a seller and have 'happy customers'

give you good feedback.  Then ebay knows you are not ripping people off.

(That's their thinking anyway)

They will only lift your listing entitlements once a month.

If you have another account you can link this one to,  they may

raise your listings to 100.

But only when you get that feedback up, will they give you more.

But again, only once a month

Hope that makes sense

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Basic Store Queries

to ima   ,that makes sence but would the op be better of not having a store at this stage as otherwise would get about 40 free listings anyway . and not paying for 200 listings in the basic store.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Basic Store Queries

Probably Joe.

They assumed that they would get the 200 straight away.

Because of the low feedback I would probably go back to a non-store

till I got it higher - much higher

embarrassed.gif

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Basic Store Queries

my advice dont bother opening a store..if you like having sales "choked"..getting charged for postage fees....not being able to respond to unscrupulous negetive leavers..then go right ahead..oh I forget and pay for the pleasure..then go for it..thats what Ebay has become..a controlled selling environemnt with NO room for expansion... all designed clearly to make money for ebay and not the sellers...still waiting for the day a better site comes along to kneecap this unpleasant selling website... 

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Basic Store Queries

and thats why you still sell here amazing.

i feel the same way about brussel sprouts  ,,    quess what i just dont eat them now,  mmmm

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Basic Store Queries

yawn whatever

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Basic Store Queries

If i listed my 200 items GTC will I get another 200 to list the next month for free if i have a store and when they sell out I can  having it sitting in background until I find the missing  items  which were the same and it comes  back   this is because its GTC ??   Thanks

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply