I am getting SMS messages supposably from eBay requesting a refund for a bogus transaction. A Fraud?

I am getting SMS messages asking for a response to a "Buyer" about a transaction that I have nothing to do with. The item is a Portable Air Conditioner (nothing to do with me) and the message is threatening to reduce my "Seller Level" if I do not issue a "refund". Sounds like an attempt at fraud to me. Anyone else getting messages like that? 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am getting SMS messages supposably from eBay requesting a refund for a bogus transaction. A Fraud?

Total scam. Block the number 

Someone else posted yesterday they keep getting calls from 'eBay' (scammer)

A lot of complaints also on the Who Called Me website about low life scammer scum doing the rounds with fake calls and texts and pretending to be eBay

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Total scam. Block the number 

Someone else posted yesterday they keep getting calls from 'eBay' (scammer)

A lot of complaints also on the Who Called Me website about low life scammer scum doing the rounds with fake calls and texts and pretending to be eBay

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks I will spread the word!
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Never take those sort of messages at face value.

If they (ebay) want to genuinely contact you there will be a message for you in your Ebay " messages" on your Ebay site.

This will be the way to check if your personal messages are kosha or not.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply