I am selling a business and want to send potential buyers a confidentiality agreement to sign. How?

I phoned eBay and was advised to reply to the email direct, with the attachment, which I did, hitting Reply to the email.

However, it didn't get sent. I received an email from ebay moments later saying :

eBay doesn't allow certain types of content in member-to-member emails. Because of security concerns with the content of your email, we didn't send your recent message to ....

If I try to reply on the ebay site, I'm only allowed to send a photo, not a PDF.

So is there anyone who can tell me how to do this? Confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements are a simple and standard business practice. 

Thanks, appreciate your time.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am selling a business and want to send potential buyers a confidentiality agreement to sign. How?

Thankyou, I appreciate your quick replies. I've asked for a mobile number and I'll text/phone them for an email address. If I upload to a file share site, the link will get stripped out of a message. Email addresses certainly will. 

Goodness, eBay make it difficult. If they allow, and charge a fee for, business sales, they should figure out a better system.

Anyway, thanks again, I appreciate it. Fingers crossed that that this solution works.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Ask for their phone and call them to get their email address to send the agreement too.

ebay will block email addresses via ebay messages

If they are genuine buyers they will supply a number to call them

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You would have to send it directly to their email address, which also poses a bit of a problem because eBay tend to strip them from messages when they contain one. 

I don't know what they do with off-site links, but if they allow them to go through, an alternative may be uploading the PDF to a host site and providing the link for people to download it. 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

If you have a website, upload the pdf there, and email the buyer a link - that *may* get through?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thankyou, I appreciate your quick replies. I've asked for a mobile number and I'll text/phone them for an email address. If I upload to a file share site, the link will get stripped out of a message. Email addresses certainly will. 

Goodness, eBay make it difficult. If they allow, and charge a fee for, business sales, they should figure out a better system.

Anyway, thanks again, I appreciate it. Fingers crossed that that this solution works.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Just incase anyone is interested, I send my email address all the time through ebay messages but I have to spell it out. Eg.

Nedkelly at the outback dot com dot au.......this is not a legitimate address either LOL.

They always go through.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Just type your email addy in notepad or word in big letters take a photo of it, save it. Then you can just attach the photo to ebay messages.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply