I can see this happening.

I'm sure there will be alot of sellers and buyers doing deals outside of ebay, i've had two buyers try that with me today, i told them to buy and pay thru Ebay.

Next time?????????? Who knows?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: I can see this happening.

I don't condone it (off eBay transactions)  - but hey, you reap what you sew, and eBay have really got the sellers up in arms this time around.

Perhaps the sellers will respect eBays rules, when they feel eBay respects the sellers rights to actually make a buck!!

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

There are already sellers who have their own websites and probably use eBay to get a new client base.  As a buyer I found this very handy.  Sometimes that initial eBay bargain has led to regular purchases via a seller's website.  Between the new fees and the GSP I expect this sales method can only increase...and perhaps become the norm.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

To true, i can see Ebay becoming an advertising platform for sellers, they can only blame themselves.

It's not only sellers, buyers are aware there paying for these fees.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@zanadoo_56 wrote:

There are already sellers who have their own websites and probably use eBay to get a new client base.  As a buyer I found this very handy.  Sometimes that initial eBay bargain has led to regular purchases via a seller's website.  Between the new fees and the GSP I expect this sales method can only increase...and perhaps become the norm.

This is already happening: I've had regular emails from sellers I've bought from on eBay offering goods on their own sites.

All ebay are doing is making the choice for sellers to set up on their own more attractive.

A very shortsighted attitude on their part - why would they want to encourage opposition?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@dazzledayz wrote:

@zanadoo_56 wrote:

This is already happening: I've had regular emails from sellers I've bought from on eBay offering goods on their own sites.

All ebay are doing is making the choice for sellers to set up on their own more attractive.

A very shortsighted attitude on their part - why would they want to encourage opposition?

That is the real question though isn't it ? And that it is why eBay can (for the moment at least) continue to screw sellers into the ground.

What other platform (opposition) - honestly - has the coverage and traffic that eBay has.

Hopefully that won't always be the case, but the sellers who are here to make a living, can't afford to stop trying and 'boycott' eBay or start again on a less popular site.

The old story - you hold the monopoly when you are the only one in the game.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

A bit like Telstra isn't it.

You can pay thru the nose for one of their plans and get pretty good coverage pretty much anywhere you go.

Or you can pay half the price with one of the other providers and take pot luck on if/not you have signal.

We have one phone in our house on Optus and the other on Telstra.

Telstra clearly has the coverage battle won hands down every time.

So yes... until there is some real competition we sellers really don't have lots of choice but to just grin and bear it.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply