I cancelled a sale at the buyers request and the buyer won't respond. What do I do now?

How do I go about getting my fees refunded

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: I cancelled a sale at the buyers request and the buyer won't respond. What do I do now?

If the buyer doesn't respond to the cancellation request, you can close it in 10 days (!!!!) and get your fees back then. It's frustrating when buyers request to cancel then ignore the request.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Re: I cancelled a sale at the buyers request and the buyer won't respond. What do I do now?

Thanks.....10 days is a joke.....just another example of eBay's total disregard for the seller

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Actually, there's a slight glitch I've noticed. When cancelling orders at buyers request, if they don't respond, not all cancellations are giving the option of requesting the FVF back after the 10 days. I have one that has been pending for 3 weeks, the buyer won't respond and there is no options available. When clicking on cancel order, it gives an error, can't open an unpaid claim, obviously, and there is no "request FVF" option. It's just hanging there in limbo. eBay won't have a bar of it either. Incredibly frustrating. Hope the OP doesn't have this issue.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

I am given the option of opening an unpaid item case and when Ii try to I get this "1 Unpaid Item case reminder could not be sent." What a joke. Ebay, cant you slove this or don't you care? 

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Once you cancel a sale you can't open a case as the cancellation is in progress

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

the buyer probably won't respond because stupid ebay are sending emails to the buyer asking if they have been refunded and in my case the buyer hadn't even paid.

No more cancelling for me
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Exactly....they wouldn't ask to cancel the transaction if they had paid. I don't have a problem with cancelling a transaction. It used to be easy. Why do eBay give you the option of opening an unpaid item dispute when the 10 days aren't up.....very frustrating

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

I won't be using the cancel option again

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

We have two cases of buyer requested cancellations at the moment. One is just as in the op where the buyer has not responded. The other the buyer has responded and our fvf has been refunded but it us still sitting on our waiting payment list with a status that says an unpaid item case will be opened based on our settings. When I try to open a case I just get and error says a case cannot be opened.
So we tonight said the same. No more cancellations, just onwards to unpaid cases. So how does this make for a better buyer experience? Pfffft!
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply