I cancelled a sale at the buyers request and the buyer won't respond. What do I do now?

How do I go about getting my fees refunded

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: I cancelled a sale at the buyers request and the buyer won't respond. What do I do now?

I have had the same issues as you and I have found out that it is much quicker to have a transaction cancelled this way as ebay say to you that they are just waiting for a response from the buyer to make sure that they have received their refund even though they haven't even paid yet before you receive your fees back but the amazing thing is that once that is astablished which doesn't take long then ebay cancels the transaction immediately instead of having to wait 10 days for a response from the buyer and get this the buyer doesn't need to agree or disagree as they don't get that choice.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Re: I cancelled a sale at the buyers request and the buyer won't respond. What do I do now?

eBay has a problem when it comes to looking after sellers

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

in the end I don't think my buyer knew what to do.he paid so I could refund and he could answer yes to the "did you receive a refund email"

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

it doesn't that's for sure Clarry and it just frustrates the heck out of sellers. I don't know why they are hell bent on fixing things that ain't broke.
Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Clarry, I had two similar issues a couple of days ago.

In one the Buyer requested to cancel before he paid  - I did so, he responded & I got my FVFs back but he contacted saying that Ebay are still wanting him to pay.

In the other, a Buyer returned the Item & asked for a Refund. I refunded his PayPal A/C but it returned to my "Awaiting Payment" List & I couldn't get rid of it.

This morning I phoned Customer Service & Surprise! Surprise! I actually got a helpful person on the other end !?!?!?

It seems that their wonderful new System has more holes in it than Swiss Cheese & they're big enough to drive a truck through !!!

He admitted that they are having "known technical issues" & worked me through sorting it all out on the phone, so I would suggest that you contact them too & see what happens....Good luck....

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply