I didn't know 2 buyers had paid !

I have had 2 buyers pay but no emails from Paypal letting me know that the payments had been made.

Due to a huge computer disaster on the weekend I can understand missing one payment but once I was back on the PC I checked my ebay and found the payment however the next payment my email and computer were working perfectly when the payment was made so I am thinking that neither payment generated an email from Paypal.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It has been reported several times in the last few weeks Bump....both sellers and buyers have complained about lack of emails from paypal.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Oh dear, I should have checked other threads before I started this one.:^O

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Every few months this occurs. I had the same issue - not only with sales from ebay but also those from my website.

I always check on ebay what is marked as paid. Paypal notifications are too unreliable.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Never mind....no harm done and at least you know you are not alone with the problem.  It seems to have started about the time paypal did their upgrade.

It seems that they are taking a leaf out of ebay's book...if it ain't broke, break it.  They are doing a very good job of it too, if the boards are any indication.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Hi wish, how do you know where to send the item though?? If you don't get the pp notice you won't get the address?

Or am I being dumb again.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Cat if you can go into your PP account and open the payment received page, their address will be in there as well.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Yes Cat, you are being dumb:-p

If the seller does not get the PP notification they will not be sending the item anyway, unless they find the payment in their PP account.....and as sparklz says, they will also find the address in there.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Aah good to know - that I am being dumb again I mean .... back in my box :_|

Learning learning all the time learning 😛

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you stick around here long enough you will be a Know It All like most of the long term posters....at least that is what we are accused of being.:O:^O

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply