I have a large item for pick up and potential buyer wants to look before purchase

I have a large heavy item for pick up only and a potential buyer wants to look at it before buying and will buy if it is suitable. I have no intention of selling outside of ebay but how can I do this without giving him my address or phone no?  

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have a large item for pick up and potential buyer wants to look before purchase

The buyer has tp press the "buy it now" button then you can exchange details, they can then pay cash if they decide to purchase the item or can walk away if it's unsuitable.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The buyer has tp press the "buy it now" button then you can exchange details, they can then pay cash if they decide to purchase the item or can walk away if it's unsuitable.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Self edit

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

I know that that would work, but it would take a degree of trust on the part of any buyer & more trust than most would be keen to give because I don't think most buyers have the knowledge or expertise of a lot of the sellers on here.

If a buyer wanted to look at something and was told-commit to buy first and we can go ahead. Don't worry as I won't force you to buy, I promise not to open an unpaid item claim etc-well, some may hesitate, I think.

Mind you, I know there is no other way around it. Just saying though that the ebay system for this sort of thing isn't ideal, although I understand why it is in place.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

If they click on contact  seller on your listing and other in the reason section your phone number is there.

When advising the buyer that make sure to add the sale must always go through ebay.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@tennis_sweetspot wrote:

If they click on contact  seller on your listing and other in the reason section your phone number is there.

When advising the buyer that make sure to add the sale must always go through ebay.

That's intersting TS, I'd heard that option was around but I'd never seen it before. I wonder if that's only available for pick-up items?

Edit. Nope it's on the seller's listings that are sent by post as well.  

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

well done t-s - I had forgotten all about this option under seller preferences:

Manage your Q&A for buyers

Choose how you want to answer buyers' questions:
Include a message at checkout when they pay
Send you messages on eBay while they're shopping
Share your phone number
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply