I have excess unused Australian stamps that I have put on envelopes but don't need. Can I sell them?

I have excess unposted Australian stamps that I have put on envelopes but don't need anymore. Can I sell them?

I had a mail out and over-estimated the number (miscounted). Now I have all these manilla sized addressed envelopes with stamps on them that I won't ever use again. I can soak the stamps off the envelopes and sell them at a discounted price. I'd be happy if I could recoup half my cost. There is about $300 worth of stamps so there is a bit of money involved. If I throw them out it's a total easte of money. If I can sell them then I would help someone save a heap of money and I won't have lost so much.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I have excess unused Australian stamps that I have put on envelopes but don't need. Can I sell them?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you do list them as twyngwyn has suggested make sure you point out that they are already addressed.

Suggest that the buyer will have to use labels to cover your addresses.

Buyers may be a bit dubious about having to do this in case the PO decides that the envelopes have been used already....I know I often receive envelopes which have no cancellation on the stamps.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply