I have just written to eBay

I have just written to eBay telling them of the Australia Post closures in December and January - I got the details from my Post Office Yesterday. Silvio the Post Master helped me to compose the message so please don't shoot me down.

This problem applies to every single seller from Australia - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - On December 24 2014 ALL Australian Post Offices will close for Christmas. They will be closed Dec 25, Dec 26, Dec 27, Dec 28 AND Dec 29. For the New Year (2015) they will be closed Jan 1, Jan 2, Jan 3 and Jan 4. PLEASE TAKE NOTE AND ADJUST YOUR ESTIMATED ARRIVAL OF ITEMS ACCORDINGLY PLEASE. Remember, your sellers are just as important as your buyers and many many of the buyers take your 'Estimated Arrival' of goods as law! I personally inform my buyers of the Post Office closures and I know a lot of sellers do the same, but we can only do our best, the rest is up to eBay. Have a Happy Christmas and an excellent New Year - Sandra - downeyas :))

Perhaps the dates might interest aussie sellers as well

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Great info, thanks! I knew they'd be closed for the PH's, but wasn't aware of the other dates in between. Seems weird when for a lot of people, it's business as usual on the other days. I didn't think to ask my local PO about Christmas closures when I just went down there. I'm sure there will be a sign up soon enough.

If you don't use Selling Manager, or Selling Manager Pro, is there some way to update all your listings to add the closure dates into each listing in bulk? I don't really want to have to edit them all individually.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks Heaps for the postal services dates

It would not matter too much for me 

I get marked down on postal times 

only to get feed back speedy postal services 

How I hate those stars 

I am sure people dont understand ,,, that those gold stars 

mean alot to me 

ho hum

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

From the website. Some post offices do close when they decide to though, my local one does.

Post_Office.JPG

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Well I just got this reply from eBay

Hello Sandra,

Thnak you for your updates. Although we can't change the system's estimated delivery dates / timeframe, we also have a reference on their availability ontheir website. We also take this into consideration should you get any defect during this busy time of the year.

We wish you all the best amd we appreciate your initiative.Happy Holidays!

Thank you for contacting eBay. Your loyalty as a customer is very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
April G. A.

eBay Customer Support

The usual gumf lol

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Thats nice they will lie about it. Thats a great way of keeping customers.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

You should forward the messages to fair traiding and the ACCC.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I suppose I'll write a form letter to send all buyers... all I can do is inform them

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I am not sure how accurate the OP's dates are but they certainly do not co-incide with the dates on the AP website as posted by dylan.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Those dates don't seem to be 100% correct,a post office is like a shop that trades mon-sat so yes it will be closed on the public holidays but should be open on all other days unless some new law has come in to suggest otherwise,most of them do have employes to cover for those that are on holidays.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply