What Is The Purpose Of Unpaid Item Strikes?

How many unpaid item strikes does a buyer have to receive, before Ebay places limits on/ or closes their account? We had one buyer recieve ... from memory, it was over 50 strikes from Ebay, for not paying us, in one glorious non-payers spending spree ... 

Is their a rule in place on Ebay ... that the buyer's account is limited/ closed after not paying on a regular basis? Or is it all bluff?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Purchases from one seller within a 7 day period only counts as one strike. The purpose of the strike is so that sellers can set their buyer blocks to stop members with more than one strike from bidding on their items.

There is no set number of strikes before a member has their bidding/buying privileges withdrawn although it does happen very occasionally. ebay expect sellers to protect themselves when they are given the tools to do so.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Have you got your settings set , so that if a buyer has ?? strikes in a month they are blocked from bidding with you ?  If not, I think it is the way to go. 🙂  Some buyers are just on here to annoy people. They have no intention of buying. + some Sellers are the same also. Pests !!!

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, I have. I've had several buyers with STRIKES write and ask me if I would sell to them. They knew exactly why they had been BLOCKED. 🙂
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

We often get a message something like

" I really, really want this item. I will pay"

We write back and say if you really, really want it then here is our bank details, once we receive your deposit we will mail out the item.

We never hear back again.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

We often get a message something like

" I really, really want this item. I will pay"

We write back and say if you really, really want it then here is our bank details, once we receive your deposit we will mail out the item.

We never hear back again.

Clarry, your account could be reported for encouraging off-eBay sales to circumvent eBay fees. 

Given a blocked buyer is likely to be disgruntled because they cannot bid on or buy your goods, I reckon your playing with fire by sending that type of message..

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Point taken. Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply