Defect rate

saarzi
Community Member

Just wanting to know if I have this right -

5 defect points from different buyers PER YEAR and you lose your top seller rating (I assume til the next year?)?

I have one for shipping time (I ship SAME DAY, ALWAYS), and never had a lost item, no complaints.

I also have TWO defect points for two items not as described because they did not fit the buyers - I know it was from them due to the timing - I had sizes AND exact CORRECT item measurements, in both cm AND inches in the listings.

I have one neutral feedback due the buyer not liking that I have no returns for change of mind, yet she bought the item knowing there was no returns for change of mind.

Sell over 400 items and you have better chances of being top rated because youre evaluated every three months.

Seem harsh and unfair and bias toward high volume sellers

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Defect rate

No, it's 5 defects OR 2%, whichever comes LAST.

So if you have 300 transactions in the past 12 months, you'll be able to have 2% (or, 6) defects before you lose TRS. If you have 400 transactions in the past 12 months you'll be able to have 2% (or, 😎 defects before you lose TRS. The 5 only applies to users with less than 250 transactions in the past 12 months. 

At least that's how I understand it. I'm on track to get TRS back this month, with 7 defects on my account and 407 transactions

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Defect rate

The defect levels are calculated on the 20th of each month with a yearly cycle, unless you have over 400 transactions in a 3month period.  The calculations are then based on a 3 month cycle as long as you maintain the 400 transactions within that 3 months.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply