I have lots of clothes fabric cut in average lengths of 3 to 4 metres. Would anyone sell it for me?

beryri-0
Community Member

I have a huge amount of new clothes fabric cut in average lengths of 3 to 4 metres and longer. All pieces are in plastic sealable bags with sizes noted. There are cotton fabrics, chiffon, silk, stretch, mesh, lace, lining, fusible interlining and non fusible interlining. There are also lace trims, trims, ribbons, buttons, shoulder pads, zippers, zipper ends, elastics, lingere elastics, lingere fabric, bra wires, hooks and rings. The stretch fabric has been washed. Is there an experienced seller who would like to sell my items for me? I live in Werribee. Thanks Bev

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: I have lots of clothes fabric cut in average lengths of 3 to 4 metres. Would anyone sell it for

Great food for thought chameleon54. Thanks. That would help them out too, giving them a job where they could still be with their kids.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Re: I have lots of clothes fabric cut in average lengths of 3 to 4 metres. Would anyone sell it for

Thanks everyone who showed an interest in this thread.

I tried contacting three trading assistants and not one of them bothered to get back to me. Very disappointing to say the least.

I have found a market where I can sell the fabric. 

I still have a heap of books and hair products so I might try the Valet service after all. I've given up on trying to give the job to assistants.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Sorry you had no success with Trading Assistants but please do not try the Valet service.  Have you read the threads about it?

The next thing you will be back her complaining that you have been ripped off by ebay.  No-one can help you if you take no notice of the warnings given to you.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks Lyndal. I know you're right.

A great lesson from all of this is 'Don't buy things you don't really, really need in the first place!' How many books can you read and how much time does one person have to sew realistically?  I must have been crazy buying so much in the first place - now I'm whinging because I can't get rid of it! Also, don't be talked into buying products from sales reps, no matter how great the deal is - not if you're not a great salesperson yourself and wont be able to onsell them.

Maybe the thought of selling fabric was a bit daunting to the trading assistants if it was an unfamiliar field to them, even though it was already pre-cut and bagged. It doesn't matter anyway. I managed to hunt down a destash market where people sell all of their unwanted fabric and craft goods so it is specific to my needs. Even if I get rid of some of it there I'll be happy. I'm sure if I keep thinking about it something else will come up for the books.

It was really nice that people responded to my message to begin with. I am sorry for the trading assistants who are losing their business to the new ebay Valet service. Thanks for your warning Lyndal. I had read the thread, but my frustration at being ignored by three trading assistants did have me wondering if I should still try Ebay Valet. You have woken me up again though and I will listen to your advice. I don't need any hassles.  Thanks again.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

@beryri-0 wrote:

Thanks Lyndal. I know you're right.

A great lesson from all of this is 'Don't buy things you don't really, really need in the first place!' How many books can you read and how much time does one person have to sew realistically?  I must have been crazy buying so much in the first place - now I'm whinging because I can't get rid of it! Also, don't be talked into buying products from sales reps, no matter how great the deal is - not if you're not a great salesperson yourself and wont be able to onsell them.

Maybe the thought of selling fabric was a bit daunting to the trading assistants if it was an unfamiliar field to them, even though it was already pre-cut and bagged. It doesn't matter anyway. I managed to hunt down a destash market where people sell all of their unwanted fabric and craft goods so it is specific to my needs. Even if I get rid of some of it there I'll be happy. I'm sure if I keep thinking about it something else will come up for the books.

It was really nice that people responded to my message to begin with. I am sorry for the trading assistants who are losing their business to the new ebay Valet service. Thanks for your warning Lyndal. I had read the thread, but my frustration at being ignored by three trading assistants did have me wondering if I should still try Ebay Valet. You have woken me up again though and I will listen to your advice. I don't need any hassles.  Thanks again.

A couple a week?

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply