I have never seen a more stupid buyer

A person buys a Wii Game off me, and recieves the game clearly choosing the "One game" and paying $17.99 for it.  The person buys "Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis".

There were multiple games they could choose from and they complain that they wanted the whole set of games. I have sold 22 games on that one listing which is clearly shown and a range of prices depending on the type of game. The buyer messages me and states:

Hi,
when I read “wii Nintendo games large selection aus free postage all working” I would be getting all the games.
With the first two photos being multiple games and the description saying “all wii games are in great condition, cases are all clean with a cloth, premium disk in tact ....
so on I was under the impression I would be getting all the games for $17.99

I was quite shocked when i received my parcel, and it was spongebob, And when I opened the disk it was really dirty

I’d like to organise a return

I realise that the disc may have been scratched in the shipping, but they were expecting the whole selection of games.

What should I do?

I think I should just give back the refund because clearly some people are REALLY STUPID.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Was it on this account? (Asking as i can't see a sale for a single Spongebob game, only a bundle that contains the Squigglepants game).

I'm assuming, though, that the listing was similar to the other variation listings you currently have, in that buyers need to select a single title, which for most would be intuitive and self explanatory.... but not all.

Instead of calling the buyer stupid, it's more productive to take a second look at your listings and see if you can make any adjustments so that even someone who can't read would understand they are going to only get one game - you can consider this to be for your sake as much as it is any potential buyer's, as these situations (where buyer and seller are at complete disagreement) are best prevented (in as much as that is possible) rather than "cured". I can see the images adjust to show only the selected game when someone chooses a title, but I'd personally avoid using words in titles and descriptions that indicate the entire selection of titles (eg "All working"), and include clearer indications that the price is for 1 x Single Game - You Select, IYKWIM.

Personally, I'd accept the return purely as a goodwill gesture if nothing else - exactly how I would facilitate that would depend on whether I could take an objective look at my listing and see anything that would lead a reasonable person to presume the price was for all games - from what I know so far, that seems very unlikely (price, listing set up, etc all indicates single game to me), but your other listings have returns accepted so if that one did too, consider this a change of mind, which you accept anyway. I would be inclined to simply reply with a "You're more than welcome to return, please post to {address}, and I'll confirm when it has been received back as well as provide a refund of $x". 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Ok, thank you for that advice, I will do that.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Wow what a stupid buyer - getting all those games for such a low price....

Looks at photo-wow all those games for $17.99 - gotta love ebay

oh wait - when i read the description it's totally different from the title....

HORRIBLE SELLER, TRIED TO RIP ME OFF, I DEMAND JUSTICE, I DEMAND COMPENSATION - i'm gonna leave negative feedback with this one and i might threaten the seller to do so (maybe they will cave in and give me the lot for $17.99 that worked with x number of previous purchases

Unfortunately there are many buyers who will play the system if you make one small mistake or the slightest hint of amiguity.

You are lucky they did not DEMAND and THREATEN to report you for FALSE ADVERTISING TO THE ACCC.

Unfortunately a stupid buyer like this will probably leave you a nice red dot for "FALSE ADVERTISING"

Just do the return and block them from ever buying from you.

Be very very careful with the way you word any description or title.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Cheers guys for leaving suggestions 🙂

This is my 1st post and I'm glad that there's people out there that want to help, even during this difficult time.

Best Regards,

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I'd suggest removing the word "complete" from the title. If this word refers to the original listing being for a complete set, as soon as one was sold the set was no longer complete.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply