I have opened a new user ID for my business through my primary membership.

Yet when I log in as my business name it won't let me list to sell under the new name.
When I try to start the listing eBay opens a new page asking me to log in again.  It will then only let me log in under my primary membership user name and password.
I want to keep my business activity separate from my personal activity on here. 

Any advice?
Thanks, Joy

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I,m no computer expert, but had the same problem when setting up another ID some months ago. The kids, who know everything about computers told me, it was because my computer itself was remembering the log in details of original account and not accepting the new details. They set up a second actual laptop user log in right at the sart when I first turn on the computer ( before icons come up ) .  I used the new log in for awhile and now multiple ebay  ID log ins work on both actual computer log ins.. ( hope that all makes sense )

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member

All you need to do is download a different web browser. For example if using Internet Explorer for your business, download Firefox and log into your personal one there (or vice versa). Easy fix 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If you don't want to use multiple browsers(which is much the best solution and use Chrome & Firefox as IE and ebay don't play well together) then you have to make sure you sign out of your account before signing into the new one, if it still brings up the wrong account then you will need to clear cookies and cache.

See what a trendsetter I am?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I,m no computer expert, but had the same problem when setting up another ID some months ago. The kids, who know everything about computers told me, it was because my computer itself was remembering the log in details of original account and not accepting the new details. They set up a second actual laptop user log in right at the sart when I first turn on the computer ( before icons come up ) .  I used the new log in for awhile and now multiple ebay  ID log ins work on both actual computer log ins.. ( hope that all makes sense )

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member

All you need to do is download a different web browser. For example if using Internet Explorer for your business, download Firefox and log into your personal one there (or vice versa). Easy fix 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for your feedback
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

If you don't want to use multiple browsers(which is much the best solution and use Chrome & Firefox as IE and ebay don't play well together) then you have to make sure you sign out of your account before signing into the new one, if it still brings up the wrong account then you will need to clear cookies and cache.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply