I left harsh feedback for a buyer who I felt had left me malicious negative feedback, can I edit it?

I left a buyer feedback detailing how I thought they were trying to scam me & advising other sellers to report the buyer if they had a similar experience. The buyer had left me negative feedback a month earlier & had ignored attempts to discuss the situation, however, they have since reached out and I feel my feedback was partly a misunderstanding & I would like to remove/edit it, as they were buyer the feedback is technically positive, although the content is not and I cannot see a mechanism to remove/edit positive feedback.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I left harsh feedback for a buyer who I felt had left me malicious negative feedback, can I edit it?

All that the buyer has to do is report your feedbackโ€ฆ and the comment will be removed, leaving the green dot. You will be sanctioned by eBay for violating eBayโ€™s feedback policy.

Why on earth did you leave that comment? Are you not aware that other sellers will only see the masked ID with asterisks, so your โ€œwarningโ€ is utterly useless?

You can contact eBay Live Chat and ask them to remove the comment and apologise for breaching policy; that may be the least damaging outcome for you. But itโ€™s up to you.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

No, you cannot edit it

But eBay will do that for you if the buyer reports it or eBay read here and go and look

Why oh why leave a big green tick?

You would know buyers can only be given positive feedback or non at all, it has been like that since 2008

All that does is reward bad buyers and put your account at risk

It also turns buyers like myself off buying from someone when they happily given questionable buyers positive ticks, since it encourages them to keep on shafting sellers 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

No idea who buyer "b***7" is. 

Seriously, I would let it go. If you draw ebay's attention to your false positive, you could be shut down from selling. There is no parole with ebay, it's permanent. Given that buyers can only receive positive feedback, it's highly unlikely any seller is going to see that feedback. By the time the buyer has bought, it's too late to do anything about it anyway. 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

What's the saying? Let sleeping dogs lie.

As sons & daughters said, just let it go.

If the buyer does not report it, it will slip under the ebay radar.

I would be pretty upset too if a buyer left me bad feedback because I didn't get back to her in 12 hours.

It's become the sort of world where some people expect instant everything and it is very annoying.

You should never leave any feedback at all for a buyer who gives trouble. None at all. Don't push their feedback score up. I see you have left a follow up and maybe the buyer will be happy enough with that if you are lucky.

You can leave a comment under any negative given to you though and I see you already did that. It may have been better to explain there that the buyer was too hasty & only gave you 12 hours to reply & that you had arranged a refund as soon as you realised there was a problem.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, I was unaware of that, I was angry at the time & made a stupid decision, thanks for your response, I will let the buyer know & try the live chat option.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Yep, I pretty much did everything wrong, learn from my mistakes people! Thanks for your reply.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply