I'm really confused by this buyer's feedback! I don't know what they mean!

I just received some feedback from a buyer and I am really confused by it! I have no idea what they are talking about!

They bought a child's dress from me and this is what they left as feedback: 
"was selling as true religon but were fake was obvious they were dissapointed"

I checked their feedback profile and they left the same response for 2 other sellers.

What should I do about this weird feedback? Should I put a reply? They left positive feedback which is good but I just don't know what they are going on about with their comment 😕 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

See if you can get a feedback revision as they have probably hit the auto response thing due to being a newby or not too bright.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Kindly ask the buyer for a revision.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Appears to be chinglish. A direct conversion from Chinese.

I wouldn't reply as it stands out more.

And I personally don't think they will understand a revision, you may get worse than you have.

image host
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

True Religion are a brand of jeans, see if they have bought jeans. I would probably just message them if the have ask and for them to revise.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

some people  leave really strange feedback. It makes you wonder what on earth is going on in their head.

I don't know why they leave weird feedback like that. No one understands what they mean, so they might as well not say anything.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I know when I go to leave feedback, typing in the first letter produces a drop down of previous feedback I've left starting with that letter, but if I don't want to use any of those, I just keep typing. Maybe on some people's the whole feedback goes into the box as opposed to just a drop down like I get?

I think the only silly feedback I gave was to a buyer where I thanked them for being such a great seller and was so impressed with the transaction. I'd just left a heap of feedbacks for sellers, so was in buyer mode. I ended up replying to it with the feedback I meant to leave.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

HBH, you're probably spot on. 

As well as bad english they may have mixed up the transactions.

image host
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

You can't get it revised, only neuts and negs can be revised and I wouldn't reply to it either as that just makes it stand out, most buyers just give green feedback a cursory look and rarely read many of the comments.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Yes as PJ has posted only negs and neutrals can be revised.

As the product you sold shows under their comment, and anyone can see that it ain't a pair of jeans that they purchased, their comment will slip down the page and should not affect your reputation adversely.

Personally though, I would message the buyer and ask them to confirm by return message that their comment was left in error.

I would give it a couple of days and if they agree or don't respond then I would ring eBay, request to speak to a supervisory after the first customer service rep does nothing to help you, and seek that eBay remove the entire feedback comment and stars as per eBays seller protection policy.  The comment does not relate to the goods sold in any way.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply