I offered a person a discount How do I give that discount

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: I offered a person a discount How do I give that discount

Kylie - would it be possible to post a screenshot of an invoice or order details showing how you have managed to do this. I have not heard of any one else who has been able to do this.

Sellers have been asking ebay for years to be able to offer a discount (which is greater than the postage amount) on the invoice from ebay and it is something which ebay have been suggesting might happen in the future. At this stage I am not sure whether it is available in the US and or UK but up till now it is not supposed to be able to be done through ebay Australia.

Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Re: I offered a person a discount How do I give that discount

In the links via the seller centre - eBay have introduceded the ability to set up the ability for sellers to apply new levels of discounting for multiple purchases in the US but who knows maybe in Oz too for some sellers?????

When I try to subscribe it takes me to ebay.com sign in and on signing in I get the message

Thank you for your interest.

• This feature is only available for select sellers at this time, but it will be open to more sellers soon. 

The link is reached through the store store design centre http://my.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&CurrentPage=MyeBayManageStore&_trksid=p3984.m2295.l400...

If you select store design centre under stores tune up it takes you to ebay.com   http://pages.ebay.com/storefronts/managing.html

Then a whole host of options are available:

NEW! Create and manage your promotions

It's easy to set up and manage sales-boosting offers like:

• Order size offers
  • Cross-sell related item offers
  • Sale event offers
  • Increase traffic (coupon) offers
  • Conditional free shipping offers

Create and Manage Your Promotions

With eBay's tool for creating and managing promotions, you can set up 5 types of offers:

1. Order Discounts to increase average order size or transaction amount.

Order discount offers are an easy way to promote the purchase of more than one item at a time by allowing you to offer discounts when buyers buy a minimum number of items or spend a minimum amount in one transaction.

Some examples include:
    • SAVE $15 WHEN YOU SPEND $50
    • SAVE 20% WHEN YOU SPEND $100
    • SAVE $20 WHEN YOU BUY 3
    • SAVE 25% WHEN YOU BUY 3
    • BUY 1, GET 1 AT 50% OFF (lowest price item)
  2. Codeless Coupons to engage new and returning buyers with semi-private deals.

Codeless coupons are available to buyers via a unique url that can be distributed through emails, social media, third-party sites, eBay storefront, etc. Offers are hidden from natural search and are only displayed to buyers who have clicked on the link.

Some examples include:
    • EXTRA $10 OFF
    • EXTRA 10% OFF
    • SAVE $10 WHEN YOU SPEND $100 OR MORE
    • SAVE 20% WHEN YOU SPEND $100 OR MORE
  3. Shipping Discounts to increase order size and entice buyers.

Promotional shipping offers, the #1 offer type used on e-commerce sites to increase order size, help you to entice buyers with free or discounted flat-rate shipping. Buyers who meet your conditional thresholds can take advantage of discounted shipping on specified shipping service classes.

Some examples include:
    • FREE ECONOMY SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $25
    • FREE EXPEDITED SHIPPING
    • UPGRADE TO 2-DAY SHPPING FOR $10
    • UPGRADE TO OVERNIGHT SHIPPING FOR $25
  4. Sale Events to increase sales and merchandize your discounted items.

Already discounted items that are selected for a sale event will appear on an automatically generated sale page. Sale events allow you to merchandise related sets of discounted inventory to create an improved buyer experience.

Some examples include:
    • SAVE UP TO 70% ON PRADA SHOES
    • SAVE UP TO 45% ON MEN'S SUITS
    • SAVE UP TO 30% ON STAR WARS LEGO SETS
  5. Accessory Discounts to inspire the purchase of related accessory items with a primary item.

By bundling related items to a primary item, you can promote accessory items with the purchase of a primary item by offering discounts when buyers add these additional items to their order. Bundles help to increase order volume and increase sales, while creating a better and simpler buying experience.

Message 22 of 22
Latest reply