I seem to attract bidders with zero ratings who then don't pay for the item. What can be done?

cook615
Community Member

I am sick of bidders who don't pay for their items. I have tried to cancel their bids and the page just goes around in circles

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I seem to attract bidders with zero ratings who then don't pay for the item. What can be done?

Why are you trying to cancel? it lets the fake buyer 'off the hook' and zero will happen to them

Open an unpaid item dispute (you have to wait 4 days, exactly, to the minute) after they 'buy'

And then close it 4 days later, marking they did not pay

That way they will get a strike recorded against their account

Two or more and they won't be able to buy off anyway who have their blocks in place

Also, do not reward them with positive negs

It is against eBay rules and if either the 'buyer' reports it or the eBay bots pick up on it, they will ping your account

Plus they will remove the comment itself and just leave your positive green tick there

Nobody can see who the feedback was for except you and the 'buyer' so saying beware is pointless as no other seller will have a clue who to beware of

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Do you realise this is the Australian site?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Follow the Ebay processes instead of trying to cancel.

Either open a payment dispute after 4 days and then close after another 4 days so that unscrupulous buyers get strikes against their account OR make your items Buy It Now with Immediate Payment as a requirement. That will stop all non-payers 100% guaranteed.

I believe there is an automated process you can activate that will open and close cases for you.

Not sure where it is located though.

Personally I prefer to set my items at the price I will accept and then set up BIN with payment required. Lots less hassle in my life doing it this way.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

That doesn't work for auctions.

And the OP is in the USA, so the rules there could well be different.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Nice to see they seek good quality advice from sellers down under, as they pull up Google Maps to discover where Oztralia is ?

Next in line please.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply