I think I have been scammed by a buyer

asjak97
Community Member

I put two pairs of close two high quality items for sale on eBay last night and this morning both were sold.  Both have dubious addresses for forwarding the goods.  One has asked me to include an iTunes card for $200 and that that would be added to the sale price. I said I thought that was outside of eBay policy and refused to do that.  I heard nothing more from that buyer.   But when I go into my items, the photo of the item is missing and when I click on it, the link says the items page cannot be found 
Waiting for payment

Item ID: 403190426961
AU $750.00+ postage (buyer pays AU $20.00)
Sold on: 27 Sep
Buyer: (I have removed the name of the buyer, not sure if I can show it in the forum)
  • We removed this listing. Find out why in your messages.

On my messages it says the item was removed because the buyer committed to buying the item.  But it was a bogus commitment.   Not sure what to do.  And if I want to repost my listing, do I need to reenter it all over again?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Well, you can wait four days and if the buyer does not pay you can cancel.

But if you think the buyer is a scammer you can also cancel with a reason like "problem with buyer's address". However, the buyer could give you negative fb for that.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You have zero feedback and are selling high priced items.

Just ripe for scammers.

This is 100% a scam.

Cancel it immediately 'problem with buyer address' and block them.

Do not enter into conversation with them.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Agree with the scam.... and won't be the last attempt the Op encounters.

However eBay have removed the listing.... so no item to cancel.

papermoon... negative feedback won't happen.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Don't forget to block the buyer, although they might have multiple accounts. Just keep your eyes open.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Thank you very much.  It is so disappointing that someone would do something like this.   I was so excited when I had sold all three items that I posted.  Thank you so much for your response. 

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Thank you too for taking the time to respond to me and your kind suggestion.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Thank you tuckcase1989.  So because I can no longer see the item in my sold (ie it is just shown as a blank couple of photos), does that mean that eBay removed them.   I wasted a whole day worrying about this and sending messages back and forth to the sender and in the end when I said I would not send him/her a iTunes card, that was the last I heard from him/her.  I am so grateful for your help.  It was my first attempt at selling items on eBay and I was excited that someone wanted to buy the boots.  They really are lovely but just sit in a cupboard and I thought better that someone can enjoy them.  My best wishes always. 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Sorry I forgot to click helpful 

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Dear Papermoon.lady    Yes I will block the buyer.  It has happened with 3 items that I tried to sell - Prada boots, Chanel boots and a Vanessa Bruno bag.  The code for the Vanessa Bruno bag and the Chanel boots was 2222 and 2222! and both were to be shipped to Westfield (a large shopping mall in South Australia).  I rang the mall today and was advised that the address given for a shop located in the mall was bogus.  So those too were scams.   That sender has not communicated with me at all even when I tried to send the invoice.  What is it with these people????  Why do they go out of their way to cause unhappiness?  Thank you again for your assistance.  I guess before I accept the sale, should I email the buyer to see if they are genuine? Do you think that is a good idea?  I would be grateful for any suggestions.  Also, do you think eBay is not the right place to sell such items?

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply