I thought unpaying buyers weren't able to leave neg feedback?

I had a buyer who never paid. I opened an unpaid item case which was closed. The buyer has now left a negative feedback. How is this possible?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Ebay will remove it on request.  Quickest way is phone call and they will do it on the spot if non-payment strike was issued.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Should add that while ebay blocks the ability to leave feedback for a seller and a buyer too, when case is closed and a non-payment strike is issued, there is currently a very open door in the system that some buyers and sellers have access to.  I am not going to post how this is done for obvious reasons.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I called Ebay. The guy said that someone would call me back in about 15 minutes. That was over an hour ago....

Will try again I guess.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Was a strike issued to the buyer when the case was closed?

If not, then the ability to leave feedback would still be available to the buyer.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Ok, so I called them back and was able to speak to my account manager. He agreed that in this situation the buyer should not be allowed to leave negative feedback. He said he would review the case and remove the feedback if all was as I said. I have just checked and the neg has been removed.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I had the same situation - couldn't believe they could do it either.  But ebay did remove it and reinstated my 100%

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Thats good news indeed.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply