I tip my hat is off too all the sellers out there.

I have to say I’m so GLAD I have sold everything I need to for the time being on eBay. I seriously don't know how the regular sellers do it.

Postage costs. I undercharged $70 for shipping on the last lost of items I sold and I still had buyers complain about my postage costs, and rating me down for it. I've even had buyers accuse me of overcharging even after I've sent them receipts as proof.

Sellers not understanding PayPal. Sometimes I need to wait for the buyers payment before shipping. I explain this to the customer and still cop attitude. Yes, you may be paying instantly, but this doesn't mean 'instant' payment for me.

Double whammy on fees: sellers will know what I mean by this.

Nearly every auction people contacting me to ask me to end the auction early for them. This in itself I don't mind, but then the attitude filled replys I receive when I refuse.

Ratings and communication. Buyers that can't be bothered to rate you even after you have rated them, or taking a week to pay and not bothering to contact you. When I purchased something if I'm going to take more than a day I always contact the seller to let them know when they can expect my payment, and if I need more than 5 days I always contact the seller before placing a bid and ask is this will be an issue, and if they respond with a yes, I don' bid.

All being said and done, I've had some greater buyers.

So yes, I don't envy the good sellers out there and I am in no rush to be a seller again any time soon.

P.S Sorry for the rant.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: I tip my hat is off too all the sellers out there.

castrobear08
Community Member

PJ THIS ONE IS FOR YOU !

So much of "me this and me that" goes on every thread you post, I seriously suggest you learn to be emphatic and restrain your self from this selfish, self-centred approach. And if you have never had a difficult buyer, as you suggest, maybe you can offer some positive and structured advise, so we can all be as good as you claim to be !!!

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply