I want to revise my postage to say "Free Postage" not "Free Postage local pick up only, could some

one please advise me as to how I do this?

Thankyou.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
10 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I want to revise my postage to say "Free Postage" not "Free Postage local pick up only, could some

if you change your listing to free postage that means you are willing to post it for free. If you only allow pick up then your listing should say pickup only. Just go into the listing and click revise. Change the postage to $0.00 or tick free post. Then untick the box that says buyers can pick up.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

IMO only 038, going by what you are selling, I would have Pick Up Only. If someone from interstate decides they wish to purchase, then you & they can arrange a Courier if need be. That is a different topic though.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you so much you saved from going crazy trying to work it out, and it was all so simple. You are a legend.  Will use it only for clothing, not for the furniture, obviously.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I see what you mean, and thankyou for your reply.  I should have been clearer, the furniture is for pick up only.  I also sell clothing and am hoping that by adding free postage I may make extra sales.

Thanks again,

Have a great day.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Just don't forget to factor the postage cost and fees into your start price for the clothing. Otherwise you might find you are running at a loss.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Thankyou,

Now that I have read up a bit more on this site, I am still unclear as to add free postage or not? I will have to weigh up the pros and cons of doing so.

Thanks Again.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I offer free postage and also paid postage. The free postage items are sent as large letter. Majority are $1.40 and occasionally 70c, so they are easy to factor into the start price. I initially had all my larger items with free post too, with the postage added to the start price and sold absolutely nothing!

When I dropped the price and added a postage cost, they started selling. I think most people expect to pay postage. A lot of time they will see the start price and think "wow, that's a lot for that" and move on, before they've noticed that it says 'free postage'. I also think that buyers aren't stupid. They know that there is nowhere in this country where you can get real free post, so of course it's added into the price.............which still makes it look too expensive at a quick glance.

I think there are fors and againsts having free postage, but I think it depends on the items too. They're not going to pay $25 for a preloved dress with 'free' postage, when they can go to the local shop and buy it new for $20. That's my take on it any way!!

I'm sure you will work it out and do what works best for you. You could always have a play around and have some listed with free postage and others with paid postage and see which sells better.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, the idea some listings with free postage (postage cost added to item cost) and some with it separate to start with could be a way to work out what is best.

Some clothing buyers may be looking to buy more than one item and combined postage offer is what they would be looking for.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you,

Whenever I purchase anything I am actually put off sometimes by "free postage" as I know it must be added into the cost somewere. I recently purchased a poster from "hard to find" partly because of "free postage", was dissapointed with the item but did not like to say so because of the no postage fee......

Thanks again.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply

I usually wait until they ask, some people seem to think I can magically fit ten items into an $8 postage satchel, then got peed off when I can only fit two in.

Some are just hard to please, but most buyers are happy with the postage I charge, and tell me that a lot of Sellers just charge $8 for an item that could easily be posted for much much less.

Thank you for all your replies.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

if you change your listing to free postage that means you are willing to post it for free. If you only allow pick up then your listing should say pickup only. Just go into the listing and click revise. Change the postage to $0.00 or tick free post. Then untick the box that says buyers can pick up.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

IMO only 038, going by what you are selling, I would have Pick Up Only. If someone from interstate decides they wish to purchase, then you & they can arrange a Courier if need be. That is a different topic though.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you so much you saved from going crazy trying to work it out, and it was all so simple. You are a legend.  Will use it only for clothing, not for the furniture, obviously.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I see what you mean, and thankyou for your reply.  I should have been clearer, the furniture is for pick up only.  I also sell clothing and am hoping that by adding free postage I may make extra sales.

Thanks again,

Have a great day.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Just don't forget to factor the postage cost and fees into your start price for the clothing. Otherwise you might find you are running at a loss.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Thankyou,

Now that I have read up a bit more on this site, I am still unclear as to add free postage or not? I will have to weigh up the pros and cons of doing so.

Thanks Again.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I offer free postage and also paid postage. The free postage items are sent as large letter. Majority are $1.40 and occasionally 70c, so they are easy to factor into the start price. I initially had all my larger items with free post too, with the postage added to the start price and sold absolutely nothing!

When I dropped the price and added a postage cost, they started selling. I think most people expect to pay postage. A lot of time they will see the start price and think "wow, that's a lot for that" and move on, before they've noticed that it says 'free postage'. I also think that buyers aren't stupid. They know that there is nowhere in this country where you can get real free post, so of course it's added into the price.............which still makes it look too expensive at a quick glance.

I think there are fors and againsts having free postage, but I think it depends on the items too. They're not going to pay $25 for a preloved dress with 'free' postage, when they can go to the local shop and buy it new for $20. That's my take on it any way!!

I'm sure you will work it out and do what works best for you. You could always have a play around and have some listed with free postage and others with paid postage and see which sells better.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, the idea some listings with free postage (postage cost added to item cost) and some with it separate to start with could be a way to work out what is best.

Some clothing buyers may be looking to buy more than one item and combined postage offer is what they would be looking for.
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you,

Whenever I purchase anything I am actually put off sometimes by "free postage" as I know it must be added into the cost somewere. I recently purchased a poster from "hard to find" partly because of "free postage", was dissapointed with the item but did not like to say so because of the no postage fee......

Thanks again.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply