I was left negative feedback by a buyer about item not as described, it was exactly as described, do

I have to refund her even though she did not contact me and has already left a negative. I know not to take it personally but I am not happy having my feedback tarnished when I know I am an honest seller.  This makes it so unfair for the rest of the buyers and especially the sellers.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I was left negative feedback by a buyer about item not as described, it was exactly as described, do

The only thing you can really do is respond to the neg, as you have - I know how much it sucks to get bad feedback when an item is exactly as described and you would have helped the buyer anyway if they had just contacted you. Even though the comment is on your profile and affects your rating, your response shows the neg is a bigger reflection on the buyer than it is on you. 

Most buyers will see that. 

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

The title of the listing says Blue.

The photos look Black.

I think if you had put Navy it would have been closer to the item.

As the buyer may have thought they were blue to go with a blue oufit, not Dark Navy.

However going by the photos I would have asked before bidding.

Has the buyer opened a case?

If not I wouldn't refund until a case was opened seeing as a neg was left before giving you the chance to rectify.

image host
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Yes you are right, I did say blue in the heading, I put navy blue though in the more detailed listing though.

Thank you for your reply and have a lovely Easter.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

@038forellie wrote:

I have to refund her even though she did not contact me and has already left a negative. I know not to take it personally but I am not happy having my feedback tarnished when I know I am an honest seller.  This makes it so unfair for the rest of the buyers and especially the sellers.

Thank you.

Unfortunately 038, there are always going to be buyers that will leave you a Neg rather than communicating with you 1st.  Whack her on your "Special List" . 

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks, you too. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks Horizon I forgot about the "specials" I have also forgotten how to add to it?

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Select account, then site prefs and buyer requirements.

To the right show n edit and at the bottom is the BBL.

image host
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

All done, thanks again for your time and support. Much appreciated.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply