I will go oversea for 2-3 months at end of 2021, can I still login to eBay with different network?

I will go overseas for 2-3 months, I still need to log in to eBay so I can continue the business. I heard of the IP address and internet address issues. People suggest I use the VPS service, but VPS will give me a brand new IP and clean cookie which are different from my current IP and account cookie. This could lead to a security lock in my eBay account. The easiest thing is that I can use a VPN and log in to eBay as normal, but the IP addresses and internet addresses are different. Will this be an issue?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I will go oversea for 2-3 months at end of 2021, can I still login to eBay with different network?

People log in to eBay from different devices and IP addresses all the time - even after I clear cookies / cache on my PC then log back in to eBay (and various other sites, too), I always get an email advising me a "new" device was used to log in to my account, lol, but it's just a "if this was you, go ahead and ignore" thing. 

If you log in from overseas, I believe eBay does often conduct some user verifications, but I'm not sure if they restrict access (it's likely they have in some cases), but a VPN should work, unless eBay restrict / block access from IP addresses belonging to VPN services (I don't know if they do, but it might be worth researching if people experience problems using eBay while a VPN is enabled). 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

As I used the same device I use at home there was no issue. With my phone the sim card I purchased worked with no problems. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply