I wish to open a basic store

I wish to open a basic store but every time I click on "Open Store" i only get directed to customer support can anyone help

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You will need to put a valid credit card on file with ebay in order to open a store (cards like Visa debit are also acceptable). You can do that by updating your automatic payment method (for seller fees, another requirement for selling / opening a store) by going to My eBay > Account > Personal Information, and in the Financial Information section, either add or change the automatic payment method using the credit card info (you can switch to another payment method afterwards - I have PayPal selected as mine).

Once you have done that, you should be able to open a store via My eBay > Account > Subscriptions (or here: http://cgi3.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CreateProductSubscription&&productId=3&guest=1 )

Just to answer your questions from another thread

"

I am not sure if this the right time post this topic here............I live in Adelaide Allow local pick up in my listings. Most of my irems are calculated postage as a lot are reasonably over weight for 500 gram pastage. By the time they are packed they end up 550 grams or slightly more. Now I offer Payment on Pick Up But Ebay will not allow me to change the postage to Zero. What I have to do is Resend the invoice and add the extra option...........Surely this can be done on the original invoice. Can anyone explain.
Thanks "

When you list, you need to add local pick-up as an option in the listing so that the buyer can select it when they go through checkout without needing a new invoice. You'll find the tick-box in the postage section if you have the standard Sell Your Item form (without Business policies - if you do have business policies implemented, where you have to create pre-set templates for postage options, I can provide more info on that, as well).

pick up.JPG

If you do need to send a new invoice, you need to change the postage method from the dropdown menu, enter $0.00 as the P&H cost, then either send or preview to make sure all info is correct, then send (the recalculate button is a reset button, so only necessary if you want to start over).

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

My comment may be totally irrelevant as my postage is set to 'freight', but I have found the 'preview postage information' to be a good way to get past other potential problems when adjusting an invoice.  Definitely do NOT click on 'recalculate'.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

You will need to put a valid credit card on file with ebay in order to open a store (cards like Visa debit are also acceptable). You can do that by updating your automatic payment method (for seller fees, another requirement for selling / opening a store) by going to My eBay > Account > Personal Information, and in the Financial Information section, either add or change the automatic payment method using the credit card info (you can switch to another payment method afterwards - I have PayPal selected as mine).

Once you have done that, you should be able to open a store via My eBay > Account > Subscriptions (or here: http://cgi3.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CreateProductSubscription&&productId=3&guest=1 )

Just to answer your questions from another thread

"

I am not sure if this the right time post this topic here............I live in Adelaide Allow local pick up in my listings. Most of my irems are calculated postage as a lot are reasonably over weight for 500 gram pastage. By the time they are packed they end up 550 grams or slightly more. Now I offer Payment on Pick Up But Ebay will not allow me to change the postage to Zero. What I have to do is Resend the invoice and add the extra option...........Surely this can be done on the original invoice. Can anyone explain.
Thanks "

When you list, you need to add local pick-up as an option in the listing so that the buyer can select it when they go through checkout without needing a new invoice. You'll find the tick-box in the postage section if you have the standard Sell Your Item form (without Business policies - if you do have business policies implemented, where you have to create pre-set templates for postage options, I can provide more info on that, as well).

pick up.JPG

If you do need to send a new invoice, you need to change the postage method from the dropdown menu, enter $0.00 as the P&H cost, then either send or preview to make sure all info is correct, then send (the recalculate button is a reset button, so only necessary if you want to start over).

Thank you DG I got it worked out withj your help. I now have a store called SA Allsorts basically because I live In South Austraslia and I sell All Sorts of Items. Thank You Again

Gayle

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Good luck with your store - it is lots of hard work, but can be lots of fun too. Stick with it, and with the right product and good after sales service you can succeed.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply