INCORRECT FEEDBACK SCORES: I HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF A SCRUPULOUS BUYER - <removed> - THIS BUYER

I have been the victim of a scrupulous buyer - <removed> - this buyer has 100% positive feedback score however when you read into his feedback he very often does not pay for the items he wins and bad comments are left.   Why????????    He has no negative marks against his score?????  yet the comments say otherwise.       I have lost my sale and it looks like others have been victims of the same.   I have looked everywhere on ebay to see where I can report this and cannot find anywhere that deals with this problem.  Ebay needs to make things easier to report potential con artists.    Can this be referred for review????

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: INCORRECT FEEDBACK SCORES: I HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF A SCRUPULOUS BUYER - <removed> - TH

@jensmanchester wrote:

Lyndal - the system is supposed to automatically remove any feedback once a strike has been issued.

If the buyer goes through checkout or sends a message through ebay while the dispute is open, sometimes the system doesn't automatically remove the feedback, but a call to ebay will see it removed.

That is what I thought Jen, which is why I asked thecatspjs the question.

cats, you are lucky on that account....only one nonpayer since mid December that you have left feedback for.

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

Re: INCORRECT FEEDBACK SCORES: I HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF A SCRUPULOUS BUYER - <removed> - TH

No, had more than that.

Suggest perhaps you and Jen should ring ebay and run your automated feedback removal notion past them as I have done. A strike only blocks the ability to leave feedback after it has been issued, not before, and this block is not in place on mobile platforms in any case.

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

I have had negative feedback removed within a minute or two of a strike being issued and I definitely didn't have a chance to ring ebay.

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

That is feedback left for a seller.

Not feedback left for a non-payer.
Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

TAYOSE, Its called a Non Paying Buyer dispute you need to open (as others here have said) and what others are trying to say is that it  is against ebay policy to leave a buyer a FALSE POSITIVE feedback. This can backfire on you and cause YOU to get a strike.

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

The only strike that issued on ebay is a non-payment strike.
Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

But a policy violation for leaving a false positive (the equivalent) will certainly impact the seller.

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

Like others, I have only ever heard of feedback being removed by eBay and never yet of a policy violation for feedback left, who really knows though ?

Regardless, feedback left for a non-payer does not out and out mean that the seller has not left a strike, that is a furphy - feedback can be left for non-paying pests and a strike is still issued.

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:
No, had more than that.

So you are saying that the feedback you left for non payers WAS removed?  Interesting!

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

No, that is incorrect.

I sell on more than one ID.  I have posted that a number of times over the years.

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply