INR Issue Need Advice

Customer purchased 4 items.  Items were sent with  eBay tracking on the 6th January. Tracking indicates item was delivered 11th January.  17th January, customer messages me that parcel was received but 2 items are missing. I checked my inventory and it confirms that the claimed 2 missing items were sent. I have not had this issue before and would like help in how to handle it. Thankyou.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: INR Issue Need Advice

@domino-710 wrote:

Like, it's clear evidence to me that I picked and prepped everything for packing, rather than overlooked something when the order was completed.

Then :

I also send them the photo so that they can be assured of this and not just dismiss it out of hand if something really was overlooked 

This is not definitive proof all items were packaged.

A seller's history would indeed be ' considered ' in a court of law - but not admissable as evidence in a particular case.

lol

I didn't say it was definitive proof, hence why I said the first thing I do is check my packing area to make sure nothing was left out when it was actually packed...and even mentioned a couple of times where I've found things were indeed left out. 🙄 I mean, you do know there is a distinct difference between evidence and proof, right? Evidence is suggestive, proof is conclusive.

You're kinda overlooking the primary context, as well - not sure if it's intentional or not, but regardless, the whole point of this practice is to have something to counter the liars, not the people telling the truth - sadly when I get these messages, the former is more common than the latter. Liars tend not to like being confronted with something that (well, let's just say potentially lol) discredits them. 

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Simple yet highly effective, Jelly. 💋

…..and it works 😉

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:
…………. 
……..the whole point of this practice is to have something to counter the liars, not the people telling the truth - sadly when I get these messages, the former is more common than the latter. Liars tend not to like being confronted with something that (well, let's just say potentially lol) discredits them. 

oh…. Right….. you mean like asking to see transcripts? 
I know, I know…. Wrong thread! 😉

@Neuvecottage:  

Have you replied to the buyer? If yes, what did you say?

If it was me, I’d probably just refund the ‘missing’ items.  Cheaper than posting off 2 more. 
You stated her feedback was all good so perhaps something has happened along the way,like perhaps they have slipped outside the side of the package during transit or something….who knows! 

If they were hugely expensive items, I’d definitely wait for a case to be opened. (But I don’t think that’s the case here, hair clips or similar? )

Eitherway….

Please come back and let us know how it pans out. Good luck. 💋

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Lol, asking to see proof of something (the way you were / are) isn't confronting a liar with something that discredits them, it's just implying someone is a liar - how these individual points got completely missed and then conflated is amazing.

Think I've had my fill now - have fun with it all, though. 

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Thankyou for taking the time to respond.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply