IS EBAY'S "UPCOMING CHANGES TO ACTIVE CONTENT " A JOKE? SERIOUSLY

From eBay:

"Remove active content today and you’ll enjoy the following benefits:

faster load times"

"we’ll limit the use of active content in all new listings across all devices"

How about eBay itself limit it's own use??? or at the VERY LEAST provide a quality of JavaScript that is above dismal...

The amount of dogey and error-prone JavaScript from eBay itself is simply a joke, and they say this?

I lost count of how many examples I could provide, it's unbeliveable that a site the size of eBay could have such poor quality coding, whoever (or the team) is in charge of hiring-etc coders should be sacked on the spot and replaced with someone who actually knows what to look for and how to recognize and fix poor quality coders and coding...

unbelievable

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

what does is mean "active content"?

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

i think you findit  in nappys

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

It's probably because of Google and SEO, eBay might be hurting a little due to load times being a little heavy from all the active add-on stuff some people use.  Google favours fast-loading websites and penalises slow-loading sites.

The JS issues on modern websites today are usually from changing standards and things which still work most of the time due to legacy support in browsers, but browsers may still report them as a problem or errors beause they don't match stricter requirements.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

what does is mean "active content"?

Active content is interactive or animated content used on websites.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

If they got new coders it would end up looking like Windows 8 and designed for portrait mode. I'll pass.
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

G'Day

I got asked today to do a Ebay survey 

I had the opertunity to say my piece supposedly directly to some one.

One of my gripes was " what is happening with active content?"

Hence why I am here looking

In their blurb it says we are looking at ways to accomidated active content

Is there any Word ? I guess not from this post anyway

Also I am generally wrong but I don't seem to have the warning on my products about active content 

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Can someone please tell this middle aged nuffy what exactly is considered active content?
All my listings use Auctiva's Image scroll add on. And I use Image shack to upload my images to the HTML content for each listing. Now I assume its just Auctiva's add on that I need to get rid of.
Is there a quick way of deleting this from around 400 listings? So far I can't see there is. Can i just leave it and when its switched off will it just disappear from my listings?
I really dont feel like editing 400 listings individually. Especially now we only have a very sub standard ADSL2 connection.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Can i just leave it and when its switched off will it just disappear from my listings?

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/activecontent

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks. It doesn't tell me if I can just leave my listings as they are, or I need to actually remove it from the HTML code in each listing. I did however find that I can contact Auctiva's help section and request for them to do it. So this is what I have done....

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply