ITEM REMOVAL

splinterssports
Community Member

Half my items were removed as being fake yet their 100% licenced product that I have been selling for a few years

Im waiting to hear back from ebay I hope they hurry as I had good bids on a few of the items they removed

Does anyone know were I stand?

cheers

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

ITEM REMOVAL

If you can proof to ebay that your items are licensed then you can probably try and hurry the process up by giving them the proof they will require ,  but from what I've read in the past it can be tricky/time consuming the get items reinstated . Your best bet would be to call ebay's customer support

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

ITEM REMOVAL

splinterssports
Community Member

Thank you for that jerry I think I will ring Do you know the number?

cheers

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

ITEM REMOVAL

Click on customer support in the top RH corner and follow the prompts till you see call us and click on that and you will be given the phone number and a code to enter.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

ITEM REMOVAL

I recently had an item removed for keyword spamming. ( not intentional but I can see where they where coming from ) The same offending phrase was used in a dozen or so listings some of which had bids on. I phoned customer support and reached an agreement to leave all items with bids as they where as I would have had to remove and relist them, losing my bidders. I changed the other auction descriptions that did not have bids on, to remove the non complying phrase.. The Ebay rep put an internal memo on the "offending" listings allowing them to run their course. I thought this was a very fair outcome, and a good news story for Ebay customer help reps.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

ITEM REMOVAL

Half my items were removed as being fake yet their 100% licenced product that I have been selling for a few years

Im waiting to hear back from ebay I hope they hurry as I had good bids on a few of the items they removed

Does anyone know were I stand?

cheers

so long as you can provide ebay with written proof of the items, who you purchased them from and that you are authorized by the ยฉholder to sell them in australia, ebay will reinstate you.

otherwise, it is the ยฉholder who has instruced ebay to remove them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

ITEM REMOVAL

well hubbieeshed

They should have removed ALL the offending listings regardless of whether you had bids on them or not. That is what keyword spamming is supposed  to do - unfairly direct attention to your listing -  thereby having bids that would otherwise not be there. It is unfair on other sellers that may have got a bid on their item rather than yours.

BAD EBAY REP

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

ITEM REMOVAL

Hubbies what were the words used to make the listing offending 

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

ITEM REMOVAL

Not so bsal - I had 80+ listings removed last year when in fact if the reason for removing them was correct (duplicate listings so they said) about 90% of all my listings and a similar percentage of all ebay listings should be removed!

I argued with ebay reps for weeks then I was given the advice to call and ask to speak to an Australian Supervisor.  Finally I found someone who had half a brain and understood what I was saying about jewellery, blankets, sheets, pillow case, towels, eye pillows, eye masks, library bags and the list goes on and on and on.  Freddy the blind miner could see that not one of my items was a duplicate listing, yet under the strict terms of the duplicate listing policy (should be three main differences - mine only had two, i.e. the picture and the title).  I was eventually able to relist all the items, but not before I had lost the sales history and received policy violations.

Never, ever, take the word of an ebay rep as gospel - speak to five reps and you'll more than likely get five different responses - none of them necessarily correct:|

Splinters, ring ebay and ask to speak to an Australian Supervisor and ask her what you need to do to get your listings reinstated:-)

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

ITEM REMOVAL

I had a number of items of interest to vintage lawnmower enthusiest. In the description ( not title ) I had a comment as follows." Please view my other auctions this week of Victa, Scott Bonnor and Page lawnmower items. Happy to combine postage for multiple purchases." As this mentioned other makes not included in the specific auction this was regarded as keyword spamming. I hadn't intended it that way, but "fair cop". It did not annoy me as it shows Ebay is attempting to fix some of the issues and it appears I am unintentionally "guilty as charged"

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply