If I sell an international item for 99cents why should ebay take $4.46 and leave me with $3.06 ?

I sold a pair of  new women's boots internationally for 99cents. eBay item no. 281458324137

Buyer paid $46.09

AusPost airmail cost me $36.70

PayPal take $1.87

eBay take $4.46

my profit $3.06

so eBay make $4.46 and I make $3.06

and I paid for the product in the first place….this is **bleep**.

The ACCC say "this is highly unlikely a problem if it is to do with eBay, contact them yourself"

So if a thief takes money from you are you going to call them up and say,

"hey, fair is fair are you going to give my money back that you stole?"

No, you report it to the police and they take over...so why shouldn't the ACCC

take over here?

your thoughts and experiences as sellers get ripped off by eBay would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

If I sell an international item for 99cents why should ebay take $4.46 and leave me with $3.06 ?

the easy solution is not to do a 99c auction on internationals

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Who made the decision to list the item for sale at .99c?

Who made the decision to select international shipping?
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Starting at .99c is a danger in itself.Start at a price you would be happy to get if there are no other bids or just do a BIN.

People aren't going to bid over the RRP you added in the listing with the huge cost of international post so maybe sell in Aus so the post would be say $13.40 if in a 3kg satchel.You then might get closer to the price that you want.

Love the boots BTW

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

That's the chance you take when you list items at 99c start bid.  You need to be more realistic and list at a price you would be happy with if there is only one bid.  The days of all 99c listings attracting bidding wars are long gone, these days, there is a good chance that you will end up with only one bid. Even if it was a domestic sale and the postage was much less you would still end up in the red from a 99c sale.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

First, why would you list brand new boots at 99c? Being a lower feedback seller, there's a high chance they will sell with only one bid, as you have already seen. I'm sure you paid more than $3.06 for them, so you are effectively paying people to take your things from you.

Don't believe the garbage that eBay tells you about listing for 99c to attract more buyers. It's complete BS. List them with a start price of the MINIMUM amount you are willing to accept for them. I see you have relisted them for 99c, I would be revising and changing the start price before anyone bids on them. Do the same for the other pairs you have listed as well. Once someone bids, you can't revise the start price.

Buyers will still buy with a higher start price.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

why start the Auction at 99c ? I see you have another pair the same listed again at the same starting price. What happens if again, you only get 1 bid. You may want to think about your starting prices, so you at least make some profit or be satisfied that you sold them.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

The OP has several auctions starting at 99 cents included knee highs. Silly

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

What am i missing?

You sold for .99c, so how did you make profit of $3.06?

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

The OP has several auctions starting at 99 cents included knee highs. Silly

Did have a peek.

Alas no size to fit - a small 10 - 42 I think.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply