If you havent signed up for managed payments DONT

I thought ebays managed payment may be a good idea. I was wrong

Ebay get their fees straight away so that means seller get less money during the month. Also fees have increased.

For me the worst is their payout. There havent been any for me after 5 days. they owe me over $1500

They took over on Wednesday and everyday it says next payout the folowing day. The next day comes and payout changes to the next day without processing any payment. There are funds available yet still no payout.

I contacted so called customer service and they are nothing but oxygen theifs. They have no idea about anything.

When Paypal was doing payouts I could receive the money in my bank in a few hour but with Ebay 5 days and nothing.

So much for cash flow.

Ebay payments may work for some but for me they are a disaster.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I finally received payment today from eBay, for last Thursday mornings sales.  Your are right they aren't saving us any money at all and payments are 400%+ slower.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@broadbill550 wrote:

I thought ebays managed payment may be a good idea. I was wrong

Ebay get their fees straight away so that means seller get less money during the month. Also fees have increased.

For me the worst is their payout. There havent been any for me after 5 days. they owe me over $1500

They took over on Wednesday and everyday it says next payout the folowing day. The next day comes and payout changes to the next day without processing any payment. There are funds available yet still no payout.

I contacted so called customer service and they are nothing but oxygen theifs. They have no idea about anything.

When Paypal was doing payouts I could receive the money in my bank in a few hour but with Ebay 5 days and nothing.

So much for cash flow.

Ebay payments may work for some but for me they are a disaster.

Have you received an email from eBay saying it has been paid out to your bank?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

No and if i check previous payments they are zero.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

As instant payment transfers are easy and widely adopted this is nothing more than eBay deciding to hold back our funds. This has me re-thinking my future with eBay.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Do we have an option of not signing up for managed payments? I am still holding out on that.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@asporty wrote:

Do we have an option of not signing up for managed payments? I am still holding out on that.

If you are in the group of sellers that fall into the grey area of prohibited good that the new added to the list BUT are able to be sold on ebay eg cars, car parts, coins wine etc and most of your sales are from these areas and can prove it via sales EBAY are NOT going to move these sellers onto MP.   What you have to do is shoot them a few messages to get the freeze put into place and the account mark as MP expempt so it does not lock these sellers out of the market place when the MP system fully set up.   This group will be still able to sell via PAYPAL as now.   

If you do not fall into this grey area ya stuck with MP

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply