Im having trouble making a Private Listing.

Im trying to make a private listing to keep my bidders confidential and I can only find under the format & pricing section "auction" and "fixed Price" appantly it should also say "private listing"

Please help...

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

after you set up the auction / price bit there is a small box to tick under that for  private listings

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

ebay make all bidders confidential by keeping the full ID private to everyone except the seller and the Buyer.

All bidders on an item will see other bidders ID as a**2 or some other mix of letters or numbers.

Private listings are usually used for high end items such as Jewellery or Coins or for Personal items which  the Buyer may wish to keep private.

A Private listing only keeps the item private plus marks the bidders as Private Bidders rather than a**2.

Try clicking on the Add/Remove option above the Auction /Fixed Price box. Hopefully it should come up then.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

As said bidders ID's are concealed in the bid history - but be aware if you make your listings private and they aren't high-priced or sensitive items you may well lose bidders as many see "private listings" as a way of hiding shill bidding and nibble bidding, and will avoid sellers using that function.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply