Incorrect postage

Help. New to selling on eBay and just sold a new golf bag. But eBay had estimated postage on the item which adds to $12 This has to be sent interstate. What do I do ????
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Incorrect postage

It is up too you as the seller to find out postage costs before you list the item.

It is better to over estimate as you can all ways refund the difference.

You are obliged to sell to the winning bidder at the cost you advertised at.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Incorrect postage

rkwm888
Community Member

i had a look at your  vintage camera  and the postage is too high, how much does it weigh

you will have to get your postage prices right other wise you'll have some unhappy buyers

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Incorrect postage

It is up too you as the seller to find out postage costs before you list the item.

It is better to over estimate as you can all ways refund the difference.

You are obliged to sell to the winning bidder at the cost you advertised at.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Incorrect postage

rkwm888
Community Member

i had a look at your  vintage camera  and the postage is too high, how much does it weigh

you will have to get your postage prices right other wise you'll have some unhappy buyers

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Incorrect postage

5kazam
Community Member

Change your postage option to 'Freight - large and bulky items'.  Note it in your listing that prospective buyers are to ask for a postage cost to their postcode.  Learn how to use the Australia Post Postage Calculator - it is not hard, even I can do it now.  For a few times I took packaged articles to the PO for confirmation that my calculations were correct.  After that, no problems at all.  It is a lot simpler to do postage costs this way, as the costs do vary so much from state to state.  

The other bonus is that it prevents buyers from paying for an item (WITHOUT including postage costs), until you have sent an invoice to them.  

At least this way, because you have quoted to a specific postcode, and the buyer places their bid, there is no confusion as to how much it is going to cost them to get the item.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply