Incorrect postcode

Hi All, just wondering if anyone has had issues with ioncorrect postcodes being given on addresses? I went to mail out an item on Thursday only to be told that the postcode given by the buyer did not relate to the poscode on the Aust Post system. I have tried contacting the buyer (who may be on Easter Hols) with no response. Should I just let it run and wait for a response or contact eBay and let them know that the issue is with the buyer? Cheers, Dave

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Incorrect postcode

@digital*ghostwrote:

@brerrabbit585wrote:
You'd never cope with selling on facebook. People use all sorts of anonymous names. I must admit I haven't seen Batman yet though.

Don't people just generally do local pick up and pay in cash, though? My issue with fake names is that the buyers may not be able to be identified if needed several months down the track and I'm dealing with a chargeback.

I've never really been interested in Facebook selling anyway, definitely not as a business - at least with the way it currently works (I think it's a great tool, just not suited to me as a market). I checked it out for some personal items I had and wanted to sell and didn't want to put on ebay, but all the groups I came across just wanted to sell local pick-up. I prefer postage and wanted to find a national group where people were ok with postage - couldn't find one at all. I watched a few local groups, just to get a feel for it, but left them all when I noticed nearly all postings went a bit like this:

Cool item, still in excellent condition, $100, price firm.

First response: Would you take $20 if I pick it up today?

Second response: What condition is it in? 

I think you're talking about the general buy & sell facebook groups that are based on a locality, but I'm talking about groups based on selling a particular type of item (anywhere in Australia).  You make jewellery so the sort of group you might benefit from joining would be something like the group that's for Australian hand made items.  The one I'm in has almost 50K members and from what I've seen people do a wall post and then provide a link to their website or their shop on ebay or the other craft site.  Some sell without putting a link to other sites but if you're on those other sites you may as well make the most of it.  This isn't the group I sell in but I joined it for when I get around to selling certain things I've made.  A friend told me she listed something for sale and sold out in a few hours.  The range of items being sold is absolutely incredible.

You may even be able to find a selling group for jewellery but there are several groups for selling hand made items and there's no reason you couldn't sell in them.  Every group has its own rules and a lot don't allow you to put links in to your business, but the really big one for hand made items does.  There are heaps of groups for selling craft supplies.  99% of what's sold in these groups would be posted, exactly the same as happens on ebay.  It's a little more work in that the person who buys has to message you (or you message them) and get your paypal or DD details, and you get their address.  I've found that probably 3/4 of my sales are for DD.  

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply